AD110 UK Install Mobile APP Issues Crashing using QR + S/N

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Hollypranks

Re: AD110 UK Install Mobile APP Issues Crashing using QR + S/N

Post by Hollypranks »

Update - I've ordered this one > Makrai ME.TRE-30 | Transformer 30VA 16V (1,81A) IP44 230V

I Must admit this is not a great experience searching hours for a suitable transformer in the UK for this Smart doorbell. Well I hope this works, It should arrive in a week. Great Test Case -
Makrai ME.TRE-30 Transformer 30VA 16V (1,81A) IP44.jpg
Makrai ME.TRE-30 Transformer 30VA 16V (1,81A) IP44.jpg (101.43 KiB) Viewed 3344 times
:| :oops: :( :D :roll:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Man I wish I had cool looking things like that for my setup :)
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
kevin1911

Post by kevin1911 »

Hollypranks - I've just registered to say thanks for posting this up. I'm also in the UK, and have just bought the AD410 from Amazon in the US. It arrived today and I was half way through installing when I realised my chime and transformer are only running at 10.2V, so off to Screwfix I went. I bought the exact same transformer as you, and am getting exactly the same issue with the app crashing as soon as it tries to join WiFI.

I'm thinking I'll be sending it back rather than trying to source a different transformer, as even if I could get the transformer working I'd still be struggling to find a 24V chime.

I really don't understand why a video doorbell has to be so hit-and-miss.

Thanks again!
Hollypranks

Post by Hollypranks »

kevin1911 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:49 pm Hollypranks - I've just registered to say thanks for posting this up. I'm also in the UK, and have just bought the AD410 from Amazon in the US. It arrived today and I was half way through installing when I realised my chime and transformer are only running at 10.2V, so off to Screwfix I went. I bought the exact same transformer as you, and am getting exactly the same issue with the app crashing as soon as it tries to join WiFI.

I'm thinking I'll be sending it back rather than trying to source a different transformer, as even if I could get the transformer working I'd still be struggling to find a 24V chime.
Yes send it back to Screwfix if you want to keep your smart doorbell. Your Chime what is the max Voltage on that ???, as mine runs 8v - 16V. ( If you get a transformer any higher it will damage the chime logically thinking of it ) - Chime part done.

Transformer wise - Absolute nightmare in the UK to get one as its not the Norm. (didn't get any advice on here you'd have thought ) A complete ball ache. So I have purchased the Makrai ME.TRE-30 Transformer 30VA 16V (1,81A) from Europe Which on paper should be IDEAL - I've read the datasheet thoroughly. Cost I think £40 - (I say this as due to Brexit I may have to pay Tax on it when it arrives). Another pain in the ***

When it arrives in a few days I shall test and let you know.

Your not going to get a 16V 30VA in your consumer unit , There isn't one , (Today) Its going to have to be a side job of the consumer unit, cased Etc - Speak with your Electrician.

Hope this helps.

So to conclude.

Return the Transformer :D
Get a REAL MAX 16v 30VA Transformer (Dependent on if you going to use a Chime as chimes are never above 16V why would they be think about it . Its a chime.) :mrgreen:
Wait for my results in a few days. :geek:

I shall update .

I will get it working !!!!!
kevin1911

Post by kevin1911 »

Let me know how it goes - I've decided to return the AD410 to Amazon. Just not worth the hassle. I can only hope that either Ring or Eufy eventually decide to enable RTSP streaming from their doorbells.
Hollypranks

Post by Hollypranks »

Installation Completed -

So I Installed the Makrai ME.TRE-30 | Transformer 30VA 16V (1,81A) IP44 230V today.

Followed the Steps on the app.... It still crashed. (Samsung S7) Called support in the US who advised to install app on another device. Installed to Lenovo Tablet YT3 X50F and BOOM. Its worked .

Unable to get the mobile app running on Samsung Galaxy S7

AD110 Smart Doorbell Camera is fully set up with CHIME -

Phewww Tad pain buying another transformer but its works. - No Buzzing from the transformer so it will be mounted above the consumer unit in-between the next level Joist.

Thanks to all that helped -

UK Smartdoorbell sorted
UK Amcrest Smart Doorbell (1).jpg
UK Amcrest Smart Doorbell (1).jpg (3.99 MiB) Viewed 2905 times
UK Amcrest Smart Doorbell (2).jpg
UK Amcrest Smart Doorbell (2).jpg (3.45 MiB) Viewed 2905 times
UK Amcrest Smart Doorbell (3).jpg
UK Amcrest Smart Doorbell (3).jpg (3.42 MiB) Viewed 2905 times

PLEASE CLOSE THIS CASE - Mark as resolved.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Very nice to hear things are sorted and working.. I hope you have many moons of great service with the doorbell.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Hollypranks

Post by Hollypranks »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:53 am Very nice to hear things are sorted and working.. I hope you have many moons of great service with the doorbell.
:D

I'm sure I will, Good test case if anything . :lol:

Thanks for your help :arrow: