AD110 Talk not working in Smart Home App

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Leibec

Re: AD110 not connecting to Smart Home App

Post by Leibec »

Installed AD110 and followed Wifi connection instructions. Not able to connect. Wifi connection times out. Performed hard Reset and Re-tried Wifi setup. Still no luck. Any suggestions?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 Talk not working in Smart Home App

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Leibec Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Sorry your having some issues.. I know not everyone has power supplies that float around for these cameras however one thing I would say before calling it bad or broke.. Move the camera to an area that is closer to your Router, Then make sure that your connected to your Router over 2.4, then try and setup the camera again at this spot.. My guess is that your camera location is to far away form your Wifi and so it is failing.. Please note that just because your Phone gets good Wifi there at the area your trying to install this right now the issue is Cell Phones and Tablets have Wifi Boosters in them and while I can get good connection on my phone in my Garage with my Normal Router non of my Wifi cameras can get the same strength in the Garage.. I turn on my Booster Router that I use as a AP and as long as I don't turn the power to high and over shoot my Garage I can now connect my Wifi Cameras using that Router..

That is where I would try is moving the Location of the camera and bench test it closer to your Router...
Be Safe.
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

@Fleegle have you found a way to keep your AD110 on your NVR and also keep Talk function working in SmartHome? If yes, please describe your recipe for success. Thanks.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

ExTechjunkie wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:16 am @Fleegle have you found a way to keep your AD110 on your NVR and also keep Talk function working in SmartHome? If yes, please describe your recipe for success. Thanks.
I have not actually tried the new drop down in SSS (Synology Surveillance Station) that is actually for the AD110. I know you can use the ONVIF settings but you lose talk capability.

I would have to try it with the AD110 drop down setting to see if that actually works or not. The Amcrest app on my droid doesnt do that well either. There is such a delay that by the time they hear me...they are already past the camera.

As for the doorbell ringing the phone..I had to give up on that as well. My other gripe is that ONLY my AD110 plays back the video at 1/2 speed and not normal when I pull up the review on the phone app.
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

Thanks, @Fleegle.

If it’s any help to you... the last time I did a reset, I skipped over the chime config and now I can answer a bell press in DMSS.

My mechanical chime doesn’t ring now that I’ve done that (I left the gizmo installed anyway), but I get alerted on my Alexa Echo devices via the Alexa Amcrest Smart Home skill.

Motion detection & recording on the NVR work as well and motion detection notifications via the NVR in the DMSS app work too. *

The only settings I modified from default were...
SH:
motion detection zone custom field
Motion range (set to 1)
Motion detection, call notification and push notification toggles all set to off

DMSS:
VTO device seting: Notification toggle enabled
NVR notification setting for the cam channel: motion detection enabled
NVR remote configuration of the AD110: did not touch anything this way

Talk initiated from SH hasn’t worked but very briefly, the ability to “show me” the doorbell cam and talk via Amazon Firestick remote was working (it was very cool). That broke, as did answering the call in SH after using the talk feature from my NVR and/or Smart PSS desktop app.

As cool as the Alexa show me & talk skill was, if it’s a choice of having that work or being able to initiate talk from the NVR console or my PC or DMSS on the iPhone, it’s more useful to be able to talk from all the latter methods at the expense of doing it from Firestick or Echo Show.

* There’s just one thing left for me to tackle which is that the motion detection seems to have changed from PIR to video-based. Or maybe it’s both whereas before it was PIR only. All I know is that a single tiny little bird will set it off now.

The last time I had PIR-only motion detection working was via configuring motion detection through desktop Amcrest View Pro via a direct connection to the AD110. I’m certain that was the case, as the video motion sensitivity values on max produced no motion alerts prior to the change, and afterward, the formerly absent config values for PIR motion appeared in the config and motion worked exactly as I intended (humans, not birds).

I dare not try desktop AVP again until after I’ve tried adjusting the motion sensitivity value through the HTTP API. If I can suppress video motion and PIR works (or even if PIR isn’t working but video motion can be configured to my liking), I’ll forego trying AVP to switch to PIR, because that might break call answering which is more important to me than suppressing false motion alarms.

It would be nice if all the features worked from the three interfaces it is actually supposed to work with:
Smart Home app
Amcrest NVR
Alexa skills

But somehow, I’ve come to accept that is asking too much.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

I hear ya! I actually just reconfigured my SSS from AD110 back to ONVIF and rebooted the doorbell. I need to do some more testing. I have no problem with the other AMCREST cameras. I of course lost the PIR and its back to the app sending me the alerts and not the SSS NVR. Was nice getting the snapshot via email when the PIR triggered but I can live with the video playback from the app. Annoying that it wont play normal speed on my android.
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

It occurred to me that I had not set the DST settings, or NTP preference, or time title location, or disable the weekly restart anywhere since resetting.

The reset changed the DST config values from the correct ones for my time zone back to defaults. I tried using the HTTP API to set the DST values but the web service kept replying with an error. (It worked for all the other settings I just mentioned though.)

I resorted to using AVP for this one DST setting only and then performed a diff on the config values before and after. One additional value changed. Lighting mode was changed from normal to SmartLight. I set it back to normal with the API.

I tested the “show me” feature from the Firestick and it’s working again. I suspect the next bell press or talk attempt from the wrong interface will break it again though.