AD110 Stpopped ringing mechanical bell or internal bell

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
vendo233

AD110 Stpopped ringing mechanical bell or internal bell

Post by vendo233 »

When I press button nothing happens, no sound from the device, no mechanical chime. All worked well few years. Video streaming works, accessing app works via app, latest FW installed, mechanical Chime selected in the app.

I`ve been using AD110 for more than 2 years with HA and amcrest2mqtt docker, no issue at all.

Some time ago the doorbell stopped makinf door bell sound when I press the button. There is no sound outside comming from the doorbell and no sound from the mechanical bell inside.

I have tried to factory reset the bell but did not help.

any idea? I did send some commands from internet some time ago in attempt to block some pihole commands, do not remember what and where. Maybe not related.

Is there some command for factory reset? any idea what could be the issue?
vendo233

Re: AD110 Stpopped ringing mechanical bell or internal bell

Post by vendo233 »

Problem fixed, it was go2rtc, here is what fixed the ptoblem from other forum.

Do you have something like frigate or go2rtc connecting to the rtsp stream? If so it’s likely connected to the backchannel, which is enabled by default, and will prevent the doorbell button from making sounds like you mentioned. You can disable it by adding #backchannel=0 to the end of the connection. E.g., rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ip>:<port>/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0#backchannel=0.

I don’t recall the specifics, but backchannel is used in running two-way audio from the doorbell and go2rtc will trigger it to become active, even if you’re not actively using it from the stream.