AD110 Snapshots - "ERROR Bad Request!"

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

AD110 Snapshots - "ERROR Bad Request!"

Post by GaryOkie »

Does anyone have any issue capturing snapshots consistently from the AD110?

The API command: http://<ipaddr>/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi displays a snapshot in the browser (after authenticating). Hit refresh on the page to issue the command again, and it returns the error Bad Request!

Hit refresh again, and it works. Refresh again, and it fails. Every other refresh of the snapshot command fails. Very weird. Very consistent.

Before I submit a support issue, it would be good to know if anyone can duplicate this inexplicable behavior.

(Running latest firmware, and have rebooted).

Thanks!
PromptCritical

Re: AD110 Snapshots - "ERROR Bad Request!"

Post by PromptCritical »

I have no issue typing it into my browser and getting a pic after I supply user and password.

Now if I can get my Vera do do it.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks for testing this. Repeated snapshots are working perfectly for me now too. Problem just went away on its own.

I also run 2 Vera's just as a ZWave hub now. Gave up on decent camera support on them years ago and now run all cameras, wifi devices and automations/scenes through Home Assistant using the Vera bridge for just ZWave support.

Anyway, back when I had Amcrest cameras connected to it, snapshots worked fine. It's the exact same API command for the AD110.
PromptCritical

Post by PromptCritical »

Found Vera solution for Amcrest Cameras:

https://community.getvera.com/uploads/s ... uF4Zbo.pdf

It was some Vera problem where you add the camera using their UI and the API string for snapshot, but then when you hit "Test" it asks for authentication tied to the Vera IP address and NOTHING typed in works.

The HTTP command in the file basically just tells the Vera to "Shut up and do it!"

I'm considering the home Assistant rout as well. Might even drop Vera and do a standalone Raspberry Pi Z-wave box.