AD110 Random Dropouts

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
scribby

AD110 Random Dropouts

Post by scribby »

Hi,

I started to notice my doorbell had been dropping out intermittently at random times with good power and wifi signal strength, this had been going on since I bought the unit and the dropouts were not too noticeable so I wasn't fussed until a week ago where it dropped out entirely and I was only able to get it to start up again by bringing it inside and plugging into another spare power supply.

After an hour of back and forth trying to get the doorbell working outside correctly I noticed when I moved the doorbell it dropped offline, if it was on its side the unit would stay powered and everything was okay.

Not wanting to go through a lengthy return process (due to living in Australia) I opened the unit up to find the screw terminal contacts for power are not hard wired within the unit but connect via two spring loaded dimples, one of these dimples appeared to have no spring which looked like it was the likely culprit. I ended up roughing up the surface of both of the screw terminal contacts and soldering a nice blob on each to decrease the gap required for connection between the terminal and the dimples.

This has since returned the doorbell back to life and the dropouts have stopped!
Danual

Re: AD110 Random Dropouts

Post by Danual »

Did you get any pics? Might have to open her up and take a look.
scribby

Post by scribby »

Didn't get any pics, if I get a chance I will open it up again and snap a couple.
Handy92

Post by Handy92 »

Were the dropouts only at night? Mine are only when it gets dark.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Handy92 Hello and Welcome to the Forum

For some it was issue with Night or as it gets Dark and the IR tries to kick on. If you think your system has this issue and your on the newer FW of 702 or 922. and 3.5 or better app software as I think right now 3.7 is the mark.. There is a setting in there to turn off the IR. If you turn off IR and that makes it so your system don't drop off at night then my guess would be new Transformer of 16vac 30va is in order. If a new one is there in good working order then could be wiring related. My guess is that the Transformer is to small and IR turns on and system can't keep the camera running..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

Since having added a blue Iris PC to the mix, my AD110 began dropping and reconnecting every few minutes between 1:30AM AND 5:45AM. I noticed band with consumption on my WiFi mesh from the AD110 is doubled with both the NVR and Blue Iris connecting to the cam. I’ve just stopped BI and found the dropping problem has gone away. Apparently, my AD110 can handle two clients or one client and IR, but not both. I’m hoping there’s an API entry for disabling IR with the old firmware mine has. I don’t want to upgrade the firmware while everything else works so well.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@ExTechjunkie - There have been several reports in this forum with the exact issue you are seeing. Apparently, the AD110 is spontaneously rebooting which is likely behind your Wi-Fi dropouts.

All AD110 firmware versions have the ability to turn off IR Night Vision via the API. However, doesn't your SH app have an "OFF" option in the Night Vision menu (along with Auto and ON)?

If your SH app lacks an off option, this API call should turn off NV...
<ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=off

And for what it's worth, others have changed the intensity of the IR while leaving Night Vision enabled to avoid the reboots. Refer to this post...
https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... 4-s10.html
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

@GaryOkie Thanks for the info and the link. MY SH app doesn't have a Night Vision menu, probably because my AD110 is still on the firmware it ships with. I do have only two entries in the Lighting table...

table.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=20
table.Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual

I'll set Mode to Off (there's always a daylight-sensor LED porch light on anyway) and see where that gets me. I've read in the other thread that the Mode setting reverts to Manual after every reboot, so I'll automate periodically checking its value and resetting it back to Off as well.
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

I've discovered that upon launching Blue Iris, the Mode value reverted to "SmartLight" or something like that. Very strange. The scheduled task I set up to change the IR mode value to Off at sunset will have to be run every time BI restarts as well. What a pain.
tallpr24

Post by tallpr24 »

My issue is that the camera drops out from time to time when using bluiris video camera system, but if i go into the phone app the camera is up and running, any one know why this is happening?