AD110 or AD410?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Dentifrice

AD110 or AD410?

Post by Dentifrice »

Hi,

I want to buy a doorbell camera. I need :
* Support for ONVIF or at least RSTP (using with synology surveillance station)
* Can do 24/7 stream to synology surveillance station
* Support WIFI
* Can use the existing doorbell power cables
* Can also run with their own app for quick notifications (I like Synology SS for recording but I find the app too slow for quick viewing for things like a doorbell. Amcrest smart home would be the app in that case).
* Support Canadian winters
The AD410 is more sexy. It seems it also support H265 and 5ghz wifi. Does it support ONVIF/RSTP?

Any reason to choose the AD110 over the AD410?

A concern I have with AD410 the operating temperature (14°F ~ 122°). The AD110 ( -22°F ~ 122°F) seems better suited for Canadian winters. Do the AD410 really can't work at colder temperature???

On the AD410 side, I saw couple of posts where people were having problems when the camera was streaming to an NVR. When streaming, the camera becomes very slow to get notifications via the Amcrest app (I suppose constant streaming plus using Amcrest app is too much for the cpu). Is this true?

Any recommandations or tips for me?

Thanks!
Dentifrice

Re: AD110 or AD410?

Post by Dentifrice »

No one? :(
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

When making a Connection to an NVR with the Camera I am going to guess it has nothing to do with the CPU of the camera. I am going to guess that the camera being a Wifi camera and being connected to a Cloud and connected to a NVR all on a Wifi that has issues when it comes to CCTV in General my guess is Wifi Related..

I don't own the 410 I do own 3 of the 110 and the 410 is just like the 110 in respect to ONVIF and RSTP...

ON the side of Winters it is hard to say.. Looking at the 2 from what I can see of the 410 in pictures only my guess is that some of the heat that the 110 produces is caused by the cameras size and internal Circuits. Seeing the 410 is smaller the Circuits in side are smaller and heat producing components are going to be fewer. If weather is an issue they do sale CCTV heaters on the internet. Some of these will be 24vac and some are 110v or higher even. Most were made for the Large outdoor camera housing. The units can be removed and used in another design if needed and would require something different then just slapping the doorbell to the front of the door frame a person would have to design and install a mounting box for the camera.. With all that if Temps is an issue and the AD110 would work that much cooler temps it is a safe bet that is going to be the best way to go..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I held off responding since I too don't own an AD410 so my input can only come from spec sheets and reviews on Amazon and elsewhere.

I will add that that the virtually identical Lorex B451AJD doorbell cam (also a Dahua product) has listed in its spec sheet an operating temperature of -4°F to 122°F / -20°C to 50°C. See: https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloa ... eet_R1.pdf

There should not be any difference at all between it and the AD410 given identical hardware and that they were tested the same. Personally, I would tend to believe the technical specs as written by Dahua/Lorex over the Amcrest because of Amcrest errors and omissions in the specs early on. Curiously, the AD410 is still listed as a 4Megapixel camera, despite being just shy of 5Mp.

While I am relatively happy with my AD110 there are a number of things that could be better, and the AD410 seems like a good upgrade for the additional cost - especially with its AI human detection and improved video quality. If I were deciding between the two as to which to get, it would definitely be the AD410 and take my chances with cold snaps.
Dentifrice

Post by Dentifrice »

thanks guys!
I'll try AD410 I think. This or I just forget the whole ONVIF thing and I go Eufy all the way.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Just an update about how one AD410 is handling extreme cold. Found this post on Reddit...
https://www.reddit.com/r/amcrest/commen ... d_weather/
Just thought I would share in case anyone is concerned about the working temperature range in the specs, which has -10°C (14°F) as the minimum.

It's been consistently well below -20°C (-4°F) here for the past several days. It dipped down to -35°C (-31°F) last night. The AD410 has been working perfectly fine through all of it, including the SD card recordings.
stureynolds

Post by stureynolds »

One difference is that the AD110 has an IR motion sensor. I don't think that the AD410 does.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

While it might (Does) have said IR Motion, I can tell you that the Ad410 has human detection that works better then the AD110 IR Motion. I get 0 false alarms from the AD410.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Fully agree with Revo here. Although I can no longer say my AD410 has 0 false alarms. Just yesterday it confused a cat for a human. A first. Still - Waaay better than the AD110's PIR falsies.

EDIT: Just be sure to turn off general motion detection on the AD410 and select Human detection only.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes and something with that as well. Remember in General if you use a Amcrest NVR or DVR to connect your camera and you try to turn on Motion for that camera (In Recorder) it will turn on motion again within the Home app as well and get alerts you don't want again. Might be same for BI or some other as well. Turning it off in App or NVR it will not record motion

Here is something to think about. If you want full time record on Sub Stream I would set your NVR Substream for the camera to Manual. Then when you go to look at GUI or even WebUI for your camera Stream records there will only be what you asked for in my Case AI Human only see picture below there will be non listed in Ch1 and left them all in search so you can see no trickery going on. Then doing a Backup search, Using main stream I get no events (Same as Playback so I didn't show in search in back up) however then change to Sub Stream and you can now see all full time recording for the doorbell. It will be on lower Stream size recording but Video and Audio will be there and might be important event missed can be found there for backup...

This was from my 4216E-AI WebUI under backup. This is the same for the 41xx-HS as Don't pay no attention to the path that was just the last path I saved things to seeing it was where I was pointed at the time for backups..
Screenshot (2244).png
Screenshot (2244).png (99.15 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
Screenshot (2245).png
Screenshot (2245).png (127.96 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
Be Safe