AD110 no longer records or plays recorded

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
chicagoish

AD110 no longer records or plays recorded

Post by chicagoish »

I have an AD110 that I installed in October of 2020. It has worked well until recently. It no longer records the door events. All I get is a still photo. The KB/S bounces all over but the recordings do not play. I am unsure whether the events are recording but not playing, or not recording at all. I checked the SD card and it appears to be okay.

Live streaming works fine. It seems like a storage issue.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Littleodie81

Re: AD110 no longer records or plays recorded

Post by Littleodie81 »

Mine is doing something similar and I can’t figure it out either. Live view works perfect. I get all the notifications. But when I go to play the recorded video the time skips ahead 3 seconds every 5-7 seconds. It looks like a still shot but will go to another frame 5-7 seconds later. I have tried a new SIM card, putting it on a different WiFi network, and even tried factory resetting it with no luck. I did figure out that if I download the clip it plays perfectly fine.
chicagoish

Post by chicagoish »

Littleodie81 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:29 pm Mine is doing something similar and I can’t figure it out either. Live view works perfect. I get all the notifications. But when I go to play the recorded video the time skips ahead 3 seconds every 5-7 seconds. It looks like a still shot but will go to another frame 5-7 seconds later. I have tried a new SIM card, putting it on a different WiFi network, and even tried factory resetting it with no luck. I did figure out that if I download the clip it plays perfectly fine.
Thanks. I guess it's good to know I'm not alone. Perhaps it's a bug in the app that'll be corrected soon. It's only the motion playback that's affected. I tried downloading a couple of recordings, but I have no idea where they were saved on my iPhone.
Littleodie81

Post by Littleodie81 »

Ya I sure hope it gets fixed soon or I am going to have to get rid of it and get something different.

The downloaded ones are in the smart home app. Open smart home. Go to account at bottom. Then go to download list.
chewbacca1

Post by chewbacca1 »

I'm having the same problem where live view works fine on IOS app however it seems playbacks are slow and sluggish. I am running 3.12.1 version of the app and this has not worked for me for at least three weeks. I'm truly disappointed.
chicagoish

Post by chicagoish »

Littleodie81 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:01 am Ya I sure hope it gets fixed soon or I am going to have to get rid of it and get something different.

The downloaded ones are in the smart home app. Open smart home. Go to account at bottom. Then go to download list.
Awesome, thanks for that tip!
Littleodie81

Post by Littleodie81 »

So nobody else is having this problem or have an answer to it?
chewbacca1

Post by chewbacca1 »

I have this problem, No answer and I also submitted a tech support ticket. Definitely lost confidence in amcrest products.
diyorbust

Post by diyorbust »

Just came back to the forum to write a post about this. Seems like I am not the only one. Snapshots are ok but no videos are being recorded.
Juncho78

Post by Juncho78 »

I'm having the exact same issue. :(

Prior to finding this thread, I thought there was something wrong with my device. Rebooting the device and formating my SD card didn't make any difference to fix the problem.

Does Amcrest Support monitor these forums? Is there any update from Amcrest to acknowledge this issue?