AD110 Motion Detection.

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Dan87

AD110 Motion Detection.

Post by Dan87 »

I've been living with this doorbell now since about March. In that time I have NOT been able to get the motion detection to work how it should. I have setup my "detection zones." However, My doorbell will constantly report motion of vehicles driving by on the street, which are not in the detection zone, but it'll never alert me when someone pulls into my driveway, or walks up to the door which is exactly opposite of how it should be working :roll: . Attached are two screen shots. One is an example of a notification I received from a car driving by. The other screen shot shows my detection zones. It's frustrating. Any recommendations? Is this happening to others too?
Attachments
AmcrestMotionDetect.png
AmcrestMotionDetect.png (509.83 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
GaryOkie

Re: AD110 Motion Detection.

Post by GaryOkie »

yes, this happens to me as well, for vehicles passing by 65-75' away that are outside my motion detection zone and selected detection range. I had a old post mentioning this before back on May 3.

I've since noticed a high correlation of trigger events with these vehicles passing and bright sunlight casting moving shadows within the detection zone, or even small birds flying by in the zone. By themselves, these motions don't usually create triggers, but they sure often do in combination.

I see tree shadows in your image along with the car. Was it windy too? Do you ever notice cars creating events when there are no moving shadows, like later in the day or at night?

For now, I'm just living with it since I doubt it can be fixed with a firmware update. But I am thinking about turning off the AD110 motion detection and use some other software that can detect motion from the RTSP stream, like MotionEye or Blue Iris.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

Your detection zone is too close to the street and trees. I would drop it back by 2 squares and be even with the sidewalk edge as it hits the driveway.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @Dan87, also on the areas where there will be moving shadows, i set mine like a sparse checkered pattern as opposed to a solid block. sparse checkered pattern appears to help with moving shadows but not appear to help with flying birds or flying night insects. i think turning off motion detection is not a good idea hence i think it's better to reduce the amount of selected areas and play with sparse patterns. i have managed to reduced the number of false motion detection but not from flying birds and lit up insects.