AD110 missing deliveries and not recording

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
tgfarrell

AD110 missing deliveries and not recording

Post by tgfarrell »

So some deliveries (FedEx and UPS mostly) do not trigger the motion detection and a video recording doesn't happen. I did some sleuthing on the web and it appears that maybe some drivers are using a WiFi scrambler that can disable the signal when they get near. Kind of like cell phone jammers.

Supposedly newer routers have a setting to enable network protection against this but current router does not. Its an NetGear WNDR3700v3. Tried looking at the logs to see if it even notices this or see disruptions but a quick scan didn't show much (plus the timestamps I think are in UTC) but I may need to dig into those some more.

Anyone else notice this? Is it a COBID thing help further protect the drivers from contact? I wonder.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 missing deliveries and not recording

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am going to guess that there is NO DRIVER that is using one of these Devices.. It is Against Federal Law to do so... Just because people can get them don't mean you can use it... Keep in mind that anyone found using a device can spend time in Federal Pen...

About Covid-19 and a reason I am not sure that is going to be a good case either..

Then just so one knows looking in your logs wouldn't much tell the story that your Wifi was Jammed either most times it is just like a Covert Cam not seen not heard and as such there would be no trail.. With cost of things going down with new tech coming out still that type of Tech to buy would be more costly then a Delivery driver would be able to afford.. Can I Build one with my years in Electronics? Sure would I? NO! I don't need any more attention to me then i already have lol...

About your Not recordings??? I would double check. Maybe do a Factory reset for the camera and set up your Recordings again.. Also I would double check the MSD make sure it isn't full... Also Make sure that when recordings are setup to do all days not just the day listed that is a mistake I see made often...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you think they are here is where you can file a Complaint about it

https://www.fcc.gov/general/jammer-enforcement
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

I have double checked it all already and I could build the same device as well. No need to because you can buy them on amazon. There is a device I can get that would detect when this happens, I may invest in one. I'm pretty sure its some external interference though. I know it sounds crazy but I've now seen it so many times, its is not coincidence.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I was wondering if the AD110 could still record motion events to the local SD-Card even if the WiFi is down or disrupted. I thought it should.

As a test, I temporarily set up a MAC address filter on my router to block the doorbell from connecting to WiFi. I then went outside to create motion. After unblocking/restoring the WiFi connection, I could then view the motion recording on the SD-Card. Interestingly, the SH push notifications were received on my phone shortly after as well. I repeated this test, pushing the doorbell button, and that recorded with WiFi offline as well.

This test shows that the AD110 can still record locally even when the WiFi is blocked. So if a driver did jam your WiFi and the AD110 motion sensing was working properly, you should still have an SD-Card recording.

I do concur that a few times we've inexplicably not received doorbell alerts from package deliveries. Never thought to check if there was recording. If there was, this could indicate jamming. If not, well, chalk it up to AD110 MD PIR inconsistencies of which there are many.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

Good test, maybe its just flaky then but only with delivery people? Anyway, not losing sleep over it. Works well enough for now.
taekcool

Post by taekcool »

This happened to me a few times. The recording to my sd card doesn't happen or gets cut off if/when the drivers press the doorbell button and yet when I check the live feed, the package is on my front door and the device failed to capture the moment. This is a big nuisance and beats the whole purpose. We really need a fix for this.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

@taekcool Couldn't agree more. That and the slowness to show video on doorbell presses too.