AD110 firmware v1.000.00AC004.0.R.20200701

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

Re: AD110 firmware v1.000.00AC004.0.R.20200701

Post by GaryOkie »

So for folks hoping this offline issue would be fixed on the back-end without having to do a reset (or router hacks) are just out of luck. It's actually what I expected based on the nature of the issue we uncovered.

Anyway, the good news is the firmware update is supposed to address this issue but you just have to get your doorbell back online first to install it!

And all these recent notes saying you have to reset it for this and reset it for that, good grief. This is really an inconvenient thing that should be a very rare occurrence. Imagine having to take your PC apart each time in order to reboot it.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

it would be nice if one can simply ssh and log in to issue a command for a factory reset and boots up with the hot spot enabled so one doesn't have to physically press the hard reset button behind the face plate. ;)
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

An ssh shouldn't be necessary since the device supports a subset of the Amcrest http API. There isn't a command to do a factory reset to my knowledge. There is one that does a reboot. One person on this forum tried it, and it worked.

I do wonder though - for all those who said a factory reset fixed their motion issue, color issue, or whatever - did they try a simple reboot first? The app even has a reboot option. Oh - or just wait until next Tuesaday at 2AM for the reboot! :D
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I did Multi Reboots of the camera and it was still Green and in fact the first Reset I did from the button I was not required to remove the camera from app but was still green... This was after FW update today.. I then did another Reboot still green..
I thought ok lets do another Reset it don't take long. However this time it was acting like it was locked just wouldn't give me the ability to do anything in the app other then Delete the camera and added it back after I hit the Reset Button... When I added it back to be honest the Motion now seems like it isn't active at all because even the Sun on my Grid when I had it setup before it would make motion go off once or twice before because of a shadow however no alerts today.. It did go off when I mowed the lawn however only 2 times and I didn't change grid so it is full screen and so I am glad I am not getting as many alerts as I was before the last reset However I did change Grid the Reset before to lower the alerts and after that I didn't have the issue where they only had 1 dot for grid and was going off...

So good news is for me I was told because of the Green screen they could replace the camera but don't need it replaced for now maybe it will wait until my replacement period ends before it acts up again however if it just magic changes like it did a couple of days ago I might have to go that route.
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

my picture has more magenta in some areas after the last firmware update and it remains the same following this update but i didn't have to perform a hard reset because my motion detection didn't go bunkers. i think the color issue is more firmware related as opposed to hardware.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well the funny thing is if you remember after the last Update you said that you had this problem I also said I had the magenta issue but strange thing is after doing nothing special other then using some of my other cameras that I don't connect often (Because I don't trust them) after working with a camera I had on 10.0.0.254 that is some Strange CHINA 1080p camera from 2011 that has a strange interface and is in English but ugly lol.. Only thing I did was tried to log into the camera not the Doorbell but the one we will call 254 over the WebUI and told me to install some plug in that takes me to a page in China I can't translate.. I gave up.. But left the camera running on my desk facing up to the ceiling for the night. The next day after I removed that camera form my desk was when I noticed that my Doorbell was Mirrored and Green... Poor thing I thought about the Mr. Yuk for the ones old enough lol... For the ones not it was a Green Poison Sticker... Anyway First thing I did that day was backup of the config to see if I could find out what was up.. Then tried to Reboot over the App an was still Green...

Did again last night 4 times when I seen the update today I was like ok lets do another backup so in the last week I did 10 backups to see what is different in the last week to today just before update 60 lines I just have not seen it all have not had the time to notice everything differnt..

Even after first reset today still green.. another backup,, Then did a reboot still green did backup then Reset again this time as said before oddly had to remove from app to get it added back. It was like after I pressed the Reset on the second try the new FW on app had me stuck to the camera as it was and wouldn't notice it was offline but wouldn't connect lol.. So I had to remove an then re add... After that one YAY no more Green...

Oh wait as I was typing this my son came in and told me that I also that day tested out the Force to B/W mode in app geez this whole time I thought it might have been the other camera somehow... Did I tell you I didn't trust it.. Anyway I am doing that right now see how things turn out tomorrow lol... So far it is going right way and good colors after going to off on IR... Have to see what tomorrow brings lol
Be Safe.
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

WARNING: This firmware update bricked my doorbell. Got through downloading portion, stuck at updating at 9% for 10+ min. Now offline, cannot hard reset. Have removed transformer power to force power reset, no change.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to hear that.. While I would say a Word of Caution might be needed to anyone that is thinking about doing an update to the Camera I would think the day time is going to be the best time for these doorbell cameras to get updated... One and I would say main reason is that anyone that has just enough power to run the camera at night might not have enough to run the camera with loads of things going on to add more need for power like an update...

If you are someone and I don't mean the person reporting at this time but anyone that is reading or the person reporting if anyone has any type of power issue at night like IR power cycle or Network Connection issues where it says all night that you connected to the network over and over... Your Camera is Hungry for POWER...

I would only do Updates for these cameras Daylight times...
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i wish there is a way for me to edit my original post and add a warning to forum members to only update the firmware during daylight hours. i'm able to edit my posts in other forum sites. sorry djsteve to hear that.

hmm... the power issue could be addressed with coding. the doorbell could go into daylight mode even at night during a firmware update. a couple of my network devices i own have dual partitions; device boots up on the secondary partition in the event of a bad firmware flash. also the option exists to roll back to a previous firmware if needed since a partition holds a previous firmware. my favorite devices are virtually un-brickable because they allow flashing firmware via tftp or ability to use jtag. i think devices like the ad110 doorbell without dual partitions, tftp, or jtag should consider coding solutions so users don't brick the doorbell. just my two cents.
rd988

Post by rd988 »

And...mine is offline again this morning. Anyone elses start working again and dead?