AD110 Doorbell works but won't let the app connect

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
tgfarrell

AD110 Doorbell works but won't let the app connect

Post by tgfarrell »

Awoke this morning and the app on my phone could no longer access the doorbell. It says its offline. I power cycled it by using the breaker for the doorbell transformer. It seemed to come back online briefly but then went offline once it was completelty booted.

If I reset with the button under the cover by the SD slot will I have to fully initialize it again?

Loved this thing until today.
tgfarrell

Re: AD110 Doorbell works but won't let the app connect

Post by tgfarrell »

The funny part is the doorbell functions and it can send me notifications on doorbell presses and motion detection with the thumbnails. The app just can't talk back to the doorbell for some reason. I can't do live view or play back the videos archived to the mSD card.

My understanding is that the SH app access the doorbell via the SH server which proxies to the doorbell. Could the SH server be down? How can I verify this?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I concur there that there is likely a problem with the SmartHome server. My AD110 is also showing offline in the app, and can't access live view, recordings, etc. The camera is streaming RTSP to Home Assistant just fine and is still connected/recording to my NVR - and I'm also receiving doorbell press notifications from the app. Weird. Thought notifications went through the SH cloud too.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

yup mine is also showing offline. i know it's online because i have a nvr recording both regular and motion detected.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I've never contacted Amcrest Support channels before - what is the best way to get confirmation from Amcrest what the problem is and find out if they are working on it?

EDIT "offline" in this instance probably means the SH app is unable to connect to the SH server, not that the WiFi connection is offline, which it obviously isn't.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Yes, I see this issue too. Unfortunately for me, I thought it was a local app problem and deleted my device. Now I'm stucking being unable to add it back until the service is back online. Was anyone able to contact Technical Support?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I asked and didn't get an answer so Sadly I couldn't find anything out.. I know it isn't hardware related both my Smart Home Products are showing offline in the App and I can clearly see they are working in the NVR... TBH I don't really like the Idea that for you to look at these cameras on your own network you have to access an outside service.. Only time I think that should happen is if I am away from home and want to use the service without forwarding any ports for the system.. Now it makes me wonder if the data on the site is able to be viewed without me knowing it.. That I don't like or agree with..

@Skyline Welcome to the Forum
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I tried calling 1-888-212-7538 for technical support. My patience ran out listening to on hold music for 10+ minutes without any updates about wait time. Not good.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

I submitted a Support Ticket. I would encourage everyone to submit their own as well:
https://amcrest.com/smarthomesupport
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:11 am @Skyline Welcome to the Forum
Thanks buddy! :D