AD110 Doorbell works but won't let the app connect

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
amcrest168

Re: AD110 Doorbell works but won't let the app connect

Post by amcrest168 »

my live view is working again. perhaps smart home cloud server is back online.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

Good idea @Skyline.

BTW, I never got notification about all these responses. I thought I would get forum emails. Maybe its just slow.

Glad its not just me.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

Yep, working again.

I'm not too thrilled about this SH server in the middle of things. I can just imagine the security issues.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Confirmed that this issue has been fixed. My camera is online again.

Thanks everyone. :D
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes mine is working again as well.. Sadly as with things of the Internet things can happen. Could be any number of reasons that a server could go offline.. Hardware Update, Even a System reboot that failed..
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i concur i'm not too impressed with smart home being in the middle but i really like the ad110. i wish amcrest would soon release further improvements and fixes from collected feedback.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Indeed. In fact, I just sent an amended feedback email to the product team to point out that suspected cloud outages like this without any way of determining if they are known issues, ETA to resolve, etc., needs to be addressed. Fortunately, this community has helped in addressing that the problem was widespread and not a specific fault to our own doorbell.

Unfortunately some users took the error message that WiFi connectivity was offline at face value and deleted their camera to try connecting again. This very misleading error message needs to be addressed too.

And +110 for having a local web server enabled in the AD-110, making the cloud server optional for configurations, and whatever else the cloud has to have its finger, eyes and ears in.
griffincorriher

Post by griffincorriher »

I just got the AD110 installed last night and the app worked at first. I am still getting notifications, but live view does not work. I have the camera connected to the AmcrestViewPro as well and i can see live feed from that, as well as from my NAS. Is anyone else having that issue right now?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Live view working for me.

When you start live view, does it get to 95% or so, then quit - no video?

I had that happen to me (and others as well) after trying to change settings on the AD110 with software other than SmartHome, even other Amcrest software designed for cameras.

Solution - Factory Reset.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Be careful because not all actions outside of Smarthome app will let you reset the camera after the fact... there are enough people bricking cameras for that fact.... Even people using Amcrest software have bricked the camera so keep that in mind if you choose to make a change to the camera out outside of SmartHome app...
Be Safe.