Ad110 doorbell times 2 on 1 16.5vac 38.4va Power

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Ad110 doorbell times 2 on 1 16.5vac 38.4va Power

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello so I have made a couple of Videos about having Two AD110 on 1 Power supply, In the video you can see Voltage of my Power supply and the Current before connecting the Second camera and while they are in use in B/W and in color modes... Again this is for testing and to show that 2 cameras can work on 1 single 16.5vac 2.4amps and that is 38.4va So yes it is a little over the normal 30va setting but this is running 2 cameras... a 16vac 30va is 1.85amps so yes my Power supply is around 400ma over the Recommended power supply for these cameras...

Please note this isn't how I connect the cameras under normal use this is for Testing and running a Amp and Volt meter on them.. After the testing is over I remove the current wiring from the Cameras and connect my normal 16.5 vac 2.4amp power supply that is also powering my Doorbell in the house and is located in the Kitchen that has a total path of wiring of 40 feet... My camera when set to being in Night mode don't have any power issues or voltage changes over the normal...

I didn't want to keep talking in the Thread I posted the first video in seeing it is unrelated to the OP and so I thought i would start a new Thread with the second Video. You can see that Video here.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPZY1JM ... e=youtu.be

I also thought I would setup some area for making some videos about different Power Supplies, What could happen with Voltage Drop, Voltage over distance and about what could make someones system not work when using wire that is to small or wire that has been degraded this could be because wire is not copper or maybe because the multi strand wire was cut and what it might do to make your camera and or door bell not work right... I will use a Power supply that has a multi Low Voltage output and will show what happens when you use a 16vac on 30va along with a 24vac on 30va and while under some normal use that should be ok however there could be wires, distance or even resistance issues. Some of it could be caused by the Doorbell it self...

You can see the First video that I made at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHeWGd1cH8&t this will show the Power supply that I am using for these 2 videos...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Ad110 doorbell times 2 on 1 16.5vac 38.4va Power

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK for some numbers and to make this Thread Complete I thought I would make another Video.. This one is going to show what a Digital Doorbell added to the camera that I just updated the FW on so I could set the Time to run the doorbell to 7 seconds.. I have an Amp meter connected and the voltage meter that my son was nice enough to help hold because I wasn't able to get the Clip to stay for me to do it myself lol...

Anyway you can see when the Camera is working at very little load there is only a 600mv+ voltage until the Button is pushed then it jumps to 20vac and regulates at 19.2vac, then after the caps are filled the volts drop down to 600mv+...

Also I wanted to point out that when the Button is pushed it causes the camera to Short this short is to move the volts though the camera leads into the doorbell chime... Once the Chime tone ends and you can hear a faint click from the camera when it turns off the SHORT You can now see that the VOLTS drop from the 19.2+ to 800+mv and looking at the amp meter that no one was holding it jumps to 400ma + because the Camera is reload the caps that it used to power the camera while it was shorted to power the doorchime... if all that make sense..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rP_bfCI0p8

Be Safe.