AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
pcabral

AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

Post by pcabral »

I'm running into power issues where 16v 30va transformer is unable to power the unit while night vision is enabled. Regardless for the time it is on it is a magnet for bugs and creates issues with false motion detection.

Thus I'm requesting if we disable night vision to make it persistent on reboots or power losses. If there is a power loss that the setting remain off, this way I do t have to perform nightly checks to verify that night vision is disabled.

Thank you for your time.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

When things go back to normal with the Server being down for some people around the world I would wait however there is a new FW that came out not so long ago that will let you set via the Smart Home app so the Night IR don't come on... If your on the old FW I would personally wait until the Server issue that is going on right now is resolved that way it don't fail if it has to do with the New FW... Mine has been offline to the App since late Thur early Fri... While I know the Doorbell camera is working because I do have it connected to my NVR..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

Thank you for the welcoming!

The app states I have the latest version. However, if I issue a reboot the setting goes back to auto instead of remaining off.

1.000.00AC004.0.R.200509
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting.. Sadly for me I can't even use my doorbell on the Smart Home app at this time to test mine seeing my app shows it offline however I see it in my NVR without an issue so I know it is online... Yeah that is something if it ends up being that way will have to be fixed in next roll out of an update in FW as there will be alot of people that won't like the idea of having to reset it after every reboot. I know I wouldn't
Be Safe
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

@pcabral What is your app version? A lot of these features being reported as FW features are actually found in the new app (3.5). I have new FW and 3.3.6 version of the app. I don't see these new features everyone is referring to yet. If you are on 3.3.6, do yourself a favor and stay on it or you may loose control of your doorbell due to the server outage.
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

I have the latest app version 3.5 and initially l ran into the same issues though somehow I was able to resolve it based on the comments I posted in the other thread.
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

Just entered a support request asking why does the system reboot every Tuesday at 2am EST and why is the night vision option not persistent. Waiting for them to respond.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it is setup in FW for the Doorbell to Reboot every Tue at 2am...

Sadly about your IR night time issue could be related to power issue or light issue as well.. Infact another user just made a thread last week or the one before that he had to go from a 30va transformer to a larger one and no longer has on off on off IR at night...

However could be that it is not a Power issue at all and the light it takes in is just enough to turn back to color, This might be the case if you live on a street that has lights that can hit the camera... That was my issue.. SO I changed my front porch light from a 5watt LED to a 9watt or 13watt not sure what one of the 2 I have in there now I am pretty sure it is the 9 and the 13s are on my Garage.. Anyway since the builb change my doorbell camera stays color all night...
Be Safe
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

I've been looking at upgrading to 16.5v 50va wall plug since I can't fine a suitable replacement for one that ties into the circuit breaker.

Neptune NPP1650P 16.5VAC 50VA Transformer | Auto-Resetting | Class VI | Burglar Alarm Systems | Compatible with Honeywell, Ademco, ELK, MG Electronics, GE Security, Bosch, Basler, Pittway and More! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08364JWB7/re ... .Eb0V0XMWE

The issue I have is that the gage is thin and it's a really long run.... over 30ft
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

Support believes the unit may be defective and had me issue a RMA for replacement. At the same time I ordered a higher powered transformer that can handle up to 4.16a

FUNCTIONAL DEVICES INC / RIB TR100VA002 Class 2 Transformer,100VA,120VAC,24VAC