AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
DebrodeD

Re: AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

Post by DebrodeD »

Devil may care mainly :) But also because despite the fact that I fire "http://192.168.1.19/cgi-bin/configManag ... de=ForceOn" every night at 10pm (when my porch lights go off), it still reverts back to SmartLight after a few minutes and it's driving me crazy.
DebrodeD

Post by DebrodeD »

It looks like this after I fire it:

table.All.LightGlobal[0].Enable=true
table.All.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=20
table.All.Lighting[0][0].Mode=ForceOn
table.All.Lighting_V2[0][0][0].Mode=Manual

But then reverts back to Mode=SmartLight after a bit
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Reverting to SmartLight mode is known to happen after an AD110 reboot. This used to be a big problem for many back when an earlier firmware did a weekly reboot, but that's no longer done.

I see from your first post that you use Blue Iris. BI could be causing this issue as reported by another BI user, although it only occurs for him at BI startup.

https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... tml#p35991
ExTechjunkie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:47 pm I've discovered my AD110's IR lighting mode value reverts from Off (preferred) to SmartLight when Blue Iris starts up. It seems very odd to me that connecting to the doorbell's RTSP stream with BI has that effect. I've tried connecting to the stream with VLC and the value remains at Off. BI must be triggering something in the AD110 on connect. (I'm using the Amcrest AD110 profile, BTW.) I wonder what else might be changing.
thisisdavidbell

Post by thisisdavidbell »

Just found this thread having bought an AD110 recently, and found it losing connection over night.
Had tracked it down to the IR setting already, but amazed to find its such a well known issue, and not really resolved :-(

In case the info is useful to anyone in further debugging, I see the issue where SmartLight mode is automatically re-enabled as soon as I view the live stream. Even just going into the official Amcrest App and viewing the stream sees the SmartLight mode re-enabled.

I'm actually using Home Assistant Dahua integration, and its service to set the infrared brightness while investigating.
If I set the mode to On, Brightness 20, then /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Lighting returns:

Code: Select all

table.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=25
table.Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual
Just viewing the live stream results in the Amcrest App:

table.Lighting[0][0].Mode=SmartLight
And you see in the first 2 seconds of the live stream in the app, the light go from the low level I set, up to full IR brightness. And within minutes, the camera is rebooting again.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I would tag your post with a "like" if this antiquated forum code allowed it. Thanks for sharing this diagnosis.

So we know that SmartLight mode ignores the manual intensity setting and chooses an intensity it sees fit. What I had not heard before was simply viewing the live stream reset the manual mode setting! It makes no sense why activating RTSP would do that.

If you can, I would send the AD110 back and get the AD410. It's worth it. Otherwise, you are probably looking at getting a stronger transformer to solve a reboot probably caused by low power with full IR.
thisisdavidbell

Thanks for the reply. I actually bought the AD110 with the thought the older model was less likely to be locked out from HA, plus id easy to get in UK.
I think you are probably right though, thanks.
DebrodeD

Post by DebrodeD »

@GaryOkie What makes the AD410 worth it over the AD110? Does it still work with BI and still accept API url commands?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I don't use BI, but I do know the AD410 works with BI the same as AD110, and both accept the CGI API. Night vision reliability seems to be better as I don't recall seeing any issues such as rebooting occurring at night - at least, I've never had a problem.

The main benefit is the native human motion detection is quite good and has eliminated all false alerts for me - provided that you also turn off the optional general motion detection. (The AD410 doesn't have a PIR sensor). With BI, particularly if you use Deepstack, this native human detection might not even be needed.

The other significant benefits are improved resolution and 5ghz WiFi support. You can also have quick response messages sent without having to answer the door personally.
diyorbust

Post by diyorbust »

thisisdavidbell wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:11 pm Just found this thread having bought an AD110 recently, and found it losing connection over night.
Had tracked it down to the IR setting already, but amazed to find its such a well known issue, and not really resolved :-(

In case the info is useful to anyone in further debugging, I see the issue where SmartLight mode is automatically re-enabled as soon as I view the live stream. Even just going into the official Amcrest App and viewing the stream sees the SmartLight mode re-enabled.

I'm actually using Home Assistant Dahua integration, and its service to set the infrared brightness while investigating.
If I set the mode to On, Brightness 20, then /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Lighting returns:

table.Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual
Just viewing the live stream results in the Amcrest App:

table.Lighting[0][0].Mode=SmartLight
And you see in the first 2 seconds of the live stream in the app, the light go from the low level I set, up to full IR brightness. And within minutes, the camera is rebooting again.
Please see my previous post about this. I had the same issue. Whenever an RTSP session is started on the camera (be it from an app like BlueIris or Amcrest App), at night time it would automatically switch LightingMode to smartlight. What I found was that I monitor the events and anytime an rtsp session starts, I check the value of Lighting[0][0].Mode and set it back to Manual. Since this solution, I've never had a reboot. If an RTSP session from the Amcrest APP or other RTSP stream apps continually connects and disconnects that would mean that every time its setting would change and we have to change it back. posts #37197 and #37336
thisisdavidbell

Thanks for the reply @diyorbust. I had noted your solution, and the one from @andersonas25, and planned to have a stab at something. I finally got round to writing a bash script. I'll share it soon just in case its of use to anyone, I'm just tuning the sleep time between checks (it is a dumb check and change, rather than being event based).

I wondered if anyone had done anything to investigate the best brightness levels? I've dropped down to 25 for now pretty now, but plan to slowly up it once my sleep interval is consistently yielding zero reboots each night.