AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Endactam Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So the SmartLight was how mine was set up until I did a Factory Reset at the Camera.. ONce I did that it has changed over to how others report theirs is coming up.. My first one was Reset many times so it was as other have reported as well..

I am going to guess that maybe your camera was installed after the 701 or 702 FW was released and your update to the new FW was never Reset back to factory after FW update so it is still active on the old command but still working the Manual seting just not reported... Strange how they do things in software
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

@Endactam once you figure out a lighting value that works for you in manual mode, you won't have to worry about having separate values or modes to handle sunrise or sunset as the IR is still turned On/Off automatically by the on board light sensor that triggers the relay that powers the IR LEDs.
Endactam

Post by Endactam »

@Revo2Maxx I had to do a factory reset after the firmware update to 702 because motion detection stopped working. It's working now but... way to over reactive. Now using my Synology to do it.
It still reboots into SmartLight after the reset.

@pcabral Ya I noticed that this morning nice! Manual 20 seems to work fine since I can't figure out how to change it...
<IP>/cgi bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=50
is the syntax right? This returns a 404 error - browser does have cached login credentials from changing to manual maybe i need to clear that.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Strange.. After my update to 701 I had very active Motion thought 702 was to fix that I don't know I just know that update after update I forget what one was the issue... However the new camera went from first FW to the 702 and in the first fw after doing the backup I had the Smartlight and now after doing the update and a couple of Resets that is no longer listed and was why I thought maybe it was Reset lacking issue.. Not sure why yours persists while mine is now gone... As it was said here in this one or another thread where Gary had different and he asked about mine? Then after reply and a reset I see that is now gone... that camera as I said went from first fw to the 702 so I thought it was something carried over from first held on until my second Reset I am guessing...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

@Endactam I have one action rule that performs 2 actions:

Code: Select all

Information:
Name: Doorbell IR
Rule type: Triggered
Action type: Uninterruptible

Event:
Event source: Camera
Device: All Cameras (I only have one)
Event: Connection normal
Trigger type: One time

Action 1:
Action device: Webhook
URL: http://192.168.x.x/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual
Username: admin
Password: **********
Method: Get
Times: 1
Interval: 10 (greyed out)

Action 2:
Action device: Webhook
URL: http://192.168.x.x/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=95
Username: admin
Password: **********
Method: Get
Times: 1
Interval: 10 (greyed out)
EDITED
The urls have no spacing between each of the characters, this forum's code wrapper is very poor.
Endactam

Post by Endactam »

@pcabral
Ok I got it working it was something to do with the cached password it didn't work in the browser but the rule with login info works fine from the security station.

Had an odd one today, camera lost coms for ~1 second during daylight and the rule triggered and sent the manual mode command but the camera stayed in SmartLight. Noticed it when it when it got dark and started spamming me with notifications of motion as it adjusted the brightness until it browned itself out.
I think I'm going to add a repeat of this trigger after 60 seconds since I can't see any way to add a delay.
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

Yesterday there were tons of problems with connectivity and my camera had reboot multiple times.
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

Hi, I'm new to this thread. Sorry if this has been covered...

I've discovered my AD110's IR lighting mode value reverts from Off (preferred) to SmartLight when Blue Iris starts up. It seems very odd to me that connecting to the doorbell's RTSP stream with BI has that effect. I've tried connecting to the stream with VLC and the value remains at Off. BI must be triggering something in the AD110 on connect. (I'm using the Amcrest AD110 profile, BTW.) I wonder what else might be changing.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Interesting - that's the first I've heard of BI making config changes to the AD110 (or any camera) at startup. Might ask someone in the BI community over in the ipcamtalk forum if they are aware of any configuration options related to camera setup.

You can also run this command before and after to diff any changes made to the config.

<ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All
zeroohm

Post by zeroohm »

I created a rule in Hubitat that does the same thing @pcabral is doing. My rule runs every day at sunset. I tried to think of a better trigger mechanism, but it is no big deal if it runs seven times a week. I guess if there is a reboot after sunset and the values revert to factory settings, it will have to wait until the next sunset to correct. I will see if this is an issue or not.

BTW - I also have an insufficient transformer (10VA) so my issue may be related to that, instead of this. But I thought I would share what I did in Hubitat in case it is helpful for others. See inserted image below.

I tested this and checked using "http://admin:<password>@192.168.1.xx/cg ... e=Lighting" and the values do change when I run the rule. It is really easy to update it if I want to change the Light value, for example.

I put the 10 second wait in there just because I want to be sure the first one is committed before I send the second one.
Screenshot 2021-07-26 201126.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-26 201126.jpg (54.61 KiB) Viewed 10183 times