AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WOW.. I just did a Test of another doorbell camera I have I am so confused now...

First one that has had all updates in it and the last 702 this camera once taken all the data I copy and paste it into Open office that one has 116 pages

However this second one has only had the first FW and then just last week been updated to the new 702 fw and wow after doing the config it only has 70 pages HUH? Was there that much junk removed

it wasn't lines it was pages Rewrote text to reflect change seeing I couldn't edit
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

My results from the getconfig ALL returns 5,372 lines. I am managing to compare result of any changes quite easily via Excel or via a Unix diff (or Windiff for Windows).

That's really odd you got a mode of "SmartLight" returned in the config. That's actually one of the valid modes that can be set via the API. I sure wonder how you got that set from the app.

From the HTTP API guide:
Light mode. Options are {“Manual”,“Auto”,“Off”,“ZoomPrio”, “Timing”, “SmartLight”, “LinkLight”}.

(Notice there is no "ForceOn" mode which apparently is specific to this device)

And further it says:
"The settings below effective only in Manual mode"...
Then lists settings for light compensation, sensitivity, luminance.

Anyway, from what I found searching for "SmartLight", on certain Dahua cameras that refers to LED (not IR) automatic light exposure.
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

Well the good news is my rules are working and the moment Synology re-establishes a connection it sends a one-time message to the doorbell to turn off the IR camera.

I also tried playing with manual mode and lighting levels and I did not see any changes either.
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

Hold on guys.... it works!!!!

Manual with a light value of 50 is stable and does not perform automatic lighting!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hey Revo - any chance you can convince your Amcrest contact to help us out with a newer version of their API guide? Yeah, wishful thinking, I know - but sure appreciate finding out if one newer than below is available.

HTTP Protocol API Specifications
Revision 2.12
2017-03-15

Available directly from Amcrest at:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ifications

Thanks!

P.S. By having an updated guide, a lot of RMA's can be avoided :)
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@pcabral - hey, that's great news!

Incidentally, I've made good progress toggling motion detection from the API. Next step is to implement it in Home Assistant via Curl initially, and then maybe later, via a service. My intention is upon receiving an alert, set a "cool down" in the automation to turn off the alerts for a period of time. Also, when exiting our front door, the smart lock lets HA know to turn off alerts briefly so I don't always get alerted to my back side leaving.
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

Looks like I'm stable at with Manual and Light at 95... Time to update my rules based on time of day as well, this way during the day it's off and at night its manual with light at 95!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@GaryOkie I have talked about it a few times and even mentioned with new FW and all the new an updated one would be great.. Sadly I can only bring things up and they can only take it to others within Amcrest.. I am not sure if it is the person that normally does the updates to the API is also someone within the R&D Department and they are all working on trying to get new updates to FW out.. I am going to guess and I will also bring it up again and try and find out more.. Sadly things limited at Amcrest with COV-19 going on and the less staff at the office.. Things I am guessing is going to take some time..

I have also tried to push the FW Change Log as it is important as well.. Sadly that might be harder to get done we will have to see...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

Observations made just now:

I was closing monitoring the video stream as to when it switches from color to black and white. What I found was that the IR was actually OFF during color then a loud audible click occurs and I could see the moment where the IR turned on after the video stream went into black and white mode.

This is good news because I no longer require 3 convoluted rules to handle day/night/reboots. Only 1 rule is necessary and that is to force it to manual mode and set the light to 95 when the RTSP connection is restored and this is because there is a relay (I'm assuming) when the transition is made to night mode by the device automatically and it turns on the IR light as part of the transition.

At this point I am satisfied with the results and I won't need to deal with their support team anymore or perform any other RMA(s).
xilix

Post by xilix »

I have the same problem others have had with the night mode turning on/off and triggering the motion detection.

I don't really need night mode, so when I turn it off in the app, it seems to come back on by itself in "auto" mode about 72 hours or so later.

I downloaded the HTTP API specs - thanks for posting that. Before I go thru that 258 page doc, does anyone know if there's a setting to set night mode to off ?

And while we're on the subject of API, I would love for their to be a way to keep the motion detection recordings but disable the alerts. Can that be done thru the API ?

If I can accomplish the above 2 things via API calls, then I'll setup a cron job on one of my Raspberry Pi's and call it a day.