AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
pcabral

Re: AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

Post by pcabral »

@GaryOkie Thank you!!!

Since Amcrest will probably never fix the issue....

I will create a rule within Synology Surveillance Station to react to the event "Camera Restored" and execute the action rule "Execute URL Command" with the URL you provided.

**EDITED**

Wait a second you can control the brightness as well? I will have to play with this.... If I set the brighness to lets say 50% each time the connection is restored...... then I can tweak it until I no longer have the dreaded reboot issues with night vision on.

**EDITED**

In my case I found that if the IR was not full blast (IR being reflected back by a near by object) I would run fine the entire night.... but the moment there was no objects reflecting the IR light the doorbell would go full IR blast and I would start resetting... so I need to find a happy medium.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@pcabral that's great you will be able to automate IR ON/OFF with Synology.

As to the IR light intensity (luminance), we can see from the config:
table.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=20

The doc says the range is [0-100], so the default is already quite low. Based on your experience with the IR going full blast at times, apparently the AD110 is set for automatic IR light compensation.

If you were to try to change the luminance default and the doorbell is always in automatic light mode as a factory setting, it probably won't work. The API Guide says you need to set the mode to "Manual" in order to change luminance and no telling if the AD110 will accept it. That mode certainly isn't available in the SmartHome app.

If you're willing to risk it, try this first:
<ip_address>/cgi bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=10

Then if the IR still transitions from low luminance to 100% or whatever, then try:
<ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual

(if "Manual" isn't accepted, then try "ForceOn" mode).

You can run this command to see if the AD110 stored the new settings in the config:
<ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Lighting

If the API command is not supported, then hopefully the AD110 will just reply that it is a bad command.

We are still slowly learning which API commands will work on the AD110. I have also discovered exactly which config settings toggle Motion Detection and haven't worked up the nerve to try them.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Work with Caution because it is very easy to Brick the Doorbell making adjustments outside of the Smart Home app... People have tried to adjust the color or other settings of sort and just sending that over a different app or cgi commands has made the doorbell camera no longer work..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

@Revo2Maxx Will do!

All I want is a working camera that requires zero post maintenance. I am very disappointed with my purchase thus far and all the headaches it has introduced into an already busy life without the need to remind myself to turn off the IR every Tuesday morning.

I figure if I can get it to simulate a persistent off or better yet lower the IR brightness with a little extra bit of work on my part to close out this issue, then I will give it another go.

If I brick it, then I will request a RMA as it is still under warranty.

Lastly.... I just can't believe that this company allowed such a flawed product to be shipped out into the world where anyone can hack the device and brick it with the companies own officially published SDK!!!!! Truly Unbelievable and what a huge security risk!!!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

The most recent published Amcrest HTTP API reference is 3.5 years old and predates the SmartHome devices. It's not even up to date with the latest camera firmware as API commands that worked no longer do as Home Assistant/Amcrest developers have discovered.

It would be a breakthrough if Amcrest would release an updated API reference. Things like knowing how to subscribe to doorbell events and toggling motion detection would be significant enhancements for the automation community integrating this doorbell.

Sending unsupported commands to the AD110 usually just returns a bad command reply. Some commands are known to disable the live video,requiring a reset to recover. Some problem reports I've seen equate having to do a reset with bricking it, but they are not the same.

I do know of one instance where the doorbell died after certain video parameters, like increasing frame rate, likely pushed the CPU too hard, causing it to overheat and die. This doorbell runs pretty hot as it is.

Without an updated Amcrest API guide, it is still risky to change settings not knowing exactly what is supported and what should be left alone. I don't have a good handle on which specific commands, if any, can actually brick the device directly. Does anyone?

I'll close with an undocumented API command I just discovered on my own a few hours ago. It reveals a whole lot more internal settings than the config.backup! There are even some doorbell-specific settings listed here.

<ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That was the one I used to run before the one you sent last time.. I liked your other one for Config because it puts in a text file and for me anyway seems little cleaner this one just gives loads of info that on would have to sift through..

Never ran it on the Ad110 I did just now though and kind of has me worried.??? It didn't prompt me for a user or pass and I was like huh so I hadn't ran it for long time on any of my cameras so ran again on my 956 and it made me log in so strange that the doorbell didn't require me too????

So for me I use that one you posted and to really confuse people or me lol... I would also use for Network
<ip-address>cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Network

This was one command I used that made me stop using some of my cameras lol.. So far the Amcrest ones seem ok

Some of my Dauha Cameras there was to much data that I couldn't find in the Setup and so now if I use them I just keep them from accessing the Internet by blocking the IP.. Maybe wasn't anything other then me being a little on the caution side.. But yeah that command there just puts the data in the browser as well.. I like the one where it makes a file like your first one for config backup..
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

The API guide doesn't list an option "&name=All" for the getConfig, so I thought it was undocumented. Anyway, I like it better than the config.backup because it lists specifics for the doorbell that were otherwise hidden.

I have been systematically changing settings in the SmartHome app and running this command to sleuth the specific internal settings that are available to the API by diff'ing the data. I'm learning a lot. More to come later...
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@pcabral - I just discovered that after a reboot, the Night Vision setting within the doorbell is changed to "Manual" but the SH app shows "Auto". WTF?

Here's what the config shows after a reboot...

table.All.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=20
table.All.Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual
table.All.Lighting_V2[0][0][0].Mode=Auto

Now, I don't know what the Lighting_V2 setting of "Auto" represents, but it never seems to change, no matter what mode the app is set to. This might represent the automatic IR illumination brightness compensation that is always enabled when the IR is on.

So we know there is a bug in this latest firmware that changes the NightVision to Auto in the app after a reboot, but what we didn't know is that internally, the mode is actually "Manual". Since the app has no provision for a manual setting, I guess it just shrugs and shows Auto by default.

It's not clear if the AD110 will work any differently with the internal setting of Manual vs Auto. I doubt there will be a visible difference to operation. The point here is that this does show that the doorbell should accept a config setting of Manual, but what you can do with that would require testing.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WOW strange lol.. I have mine set to OFF and in the thing says Auto lol.. SO I am going to make some changes and see what it changes to if anything lol

Edit So I changed it back to Auto and this is what I get this time

table.All.LightGlobal[0].Enable=true
table.All.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=20
table.All.Lighting[0][0].Mode=SmartLight
table.All.Lighting_V2[0][0][0].Mode=Auto
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh about being set Manual I am going to guess as I was about to say once and didn't post as I ran test anyway... I am going to guess that the Manual in the Backup is caused because the as your calling it a Bug in the FW however I think it might have been by design because some people are not running good Power and if it was say by design to Run Manual IR OFF while booting there should be a area to return to its last state however again this could have been by design because might have been issue where a return that was not caused by the App may have caused the system to fail and boot and then might go into a Boot loop
Be Safe