AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Just did a Video and I am going to post it This time I needed a little better setup and was not touching things and the numbers were a little different Voltage did go under 19vac to around 18.9ish and the current draw was never over 540ma and was well below 400ma on normal color and never went above 400ma with 1 camera in B/W, Don't mind my mess lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHeWGd ... e=youtu.be

I am going to work on making some other videos on the Ad110 on a 16vac 30va transformer and HB doorbell going to make some with Long and undersized wiring to show what it can do and some other things just need time to get my Lawn Shed setup for a studio for making some videos in an area that will not be around others at my home.. Try to keep them to the point without pups or people making it into my videos lol...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

Good video!

Out of curiosity are you storing your live video feed onto a server via RTSP?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I use the MSD in the Cameras and I also have them connected to a NVR Recording Fulltime.. I did have them on a 4108h however I took them off there and now they are on my 2116-HS.. I did a second Video with my iPhone as a monitor and to show that both of them are running I also show the meter with only 1 camera connected and then connect the second one rather then addming them both to the Power at the same time.. This was one way to see that the power did increase and also because I had the Volt meter connected behind the second camera there was no volts on the meter while the other one was showing .200ma of current because I had the Amp Meter connected at a Power wire area not at the back of the camera 2 or it would have only shown the current draw of that camera it is before the Y point in the wiring I am using for this testing.. The second one was almost 10 min long and while I did make some mistakes on wording, I do correct myself and I know what I meant lol but wanted to make sure i was clear and made sure everyone watching would know what I meant at one time I said something . xx then later corrected my self to say that it was .xxxma rather then x.xx as it sounded like... Plus at one point I said 9.xx correcting my self meaning 19.xx Vac so again trying to make sure I was clear lol...
Be Safe
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

The only difference I see between your setup and mine (excluding power supplies) is that if I have a near by object that reflects the IR.... The IR lowers its intensity automatically.... when there are no near by objects such as pillars from the front porch (your setup) and a clear unobstructed view of the yard (my setup), the IR is at full blast it dies then boots back up.

This is the behavior that I'm seeing and can reproduce and I'm not convinced that the new transformer is not capable of producing 100va. If you know of a way to test the full capacity of 100va or even 50va I would be more than happy to test it with my meter.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There are ways of testing however most people don't have the time or need to build such devices... However I do have a few different Load bearing devices for testing supplies however most of them were made for draining RC Truck batteries back when I was heavy into Racing RC's Also for the sake of a 4amp load you could wire up some 24v bulbs however there are not many people that even have hardware like that laying around.. I am not the Normal... However I have been in Electronics for many years so I have things I needed on the way.. Also one could use an old hair drier heater coil or other load bearing things to make a load for the transformer however that isn't something I would expect people to have the hardware or need for.. Then to have something hanging around for years before if even using again is kind of a waste lol...

Only on off I could get to happen is when I move my Camera more to the right or when the trees are bear that is because the Camera has a Good Low light ability and maybe the return time from B/W to color is set to short... When the cars come down the street that is now hidden by the bush there my camera will cycle color and B/W often however never loose connection and camera don't restart so I know it isn't a supply issue... However now I can have B/W on all night without the camera cycling ones plus the ability to force it on makes it even better however today at 2am the camera did it's auto Reboot and moved everything back to Auto that is not cool lol...
Be Safe
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

I think I can produce a load with a series of light bulbs.... when I get home I will give it a try and see how much watts the transformer can handle.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

GRRRR... had it all wrote up and then selected it all and cut it so I could double check your transformers... However no paste it is gone lol oh well...

So I will start over... Please forgive me if you already know all this however there might be others that don't...

Here is the total issue... As Volts go up amps go down and so while your power supply might be a 16.5vac at 50va and that would translate to about 3amps at 16.5vac however if it is like mine and can run at load constant 19.2vac then your current draw would only be around 2.6amps.. This means you will want to run 2 bulbs in series and seeing that would be for 24vac and 2.5amps however because your power supply is less then it would only power the 19.2vac and lamps would be ok

However for your 100va supply that is 24vac I am not sure what the total power is and you might need to run more then 2 bulbs in series... However that will give you the Voltage you need but under rated amps so you would need 2 sets of 3 bulbs in series running parallel

However that might be to much so you can do 2 sets of 2 in Parallel however you would need 2 large resistors as well... This will give you the voltage drop and 10watt resistors is just a guess you might need to go up or down to get your true voltage... 2 bulbs and a resistor will almost be like adding the 3rd bulb however rather then converting the bulb to light it will convert the Resistor to Heat... The value of the Resistor will depend on your voltage output of the 24vac transformer... People need to remember not to take a Resistor to its max rating because there is need for some extra space.. Also Hot as the bulbs the Resistor will also get Hot as well... Easiest one to test would be the 16.5vac 50ca supply.. If the bulbs surge then the transformer is having issues.. If the bulbs blow then the transformer is having issues and has gone out of range.. I had one that was 24vac that went crazy some time ago and went out of range to over 100vac that was on a 24vac supply...

For the ones that don't know how to run 2 12v bulbs in series I would use a 3157 or a 4157 type bulb unless you have sockets for 1157 bulbs or want to Solder them... Anyway on the 4157 or 3157 bulbs take the 2 outside pins and pull them up from the bulb.. Lay out 2 bulbs side by side and now you have 4 total pins.. (We will call them 1 2 3 4) Take the 2 inside pins and connect them together 2 and 3. Then take the 2 outside pins and connect one to each side of the power supply and in effect that will give you 24v and 2.5amps... Should be constant voltage at max current and if the 16.5vac is like mine and will work between 19.2 to 19.3vac the load would run in constant current.. If there is bulb damage then the system is out of wack and supply would need more testing for current and max voltage... Also using the Blinker side aka brake side of the bulb will run hot and if you think about blinkers and brakes they don't run a long time that is because they would be really hot so keep in mind as the bulbs will get hot if they stay hot to long they will blow
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To help the understanding of what I am talking about with adding 2 bulbs to make a Series connection... This was a Very Rude and Fast Making of this picture... As I said lay them out the 2 end pins are for the High Current set the inner ones are for 500ma set aka Running lights... Connect the 2 center ones and the 2 out side pins are what you would connect to Terminal 1 and 2 of the Transformer for testing... Also this is of 2 12v bulbs and they can work at higher voltage then 12 normally so around 13.8 would be at max normally However if you test your power supply and it is doing over 27.4vac then you will need to either add Resistors or you can add another bulb to get up to 36 Volt range...

Series.jpg
Series.jpg (43.12 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So we i have been having so much fun watching my NVR keep saying Over Decode Ability and working with these doorbells cameras that I thought I would show a small video about testing out the power supply... Keep in mind there is only 1 camera connected right now when this test is being run.. I could have used both but I had already removed the camera from the setup so I thought ok just do it no Retakes lol

So you can see I have a couple of bulbs connected to some Connectors for one of my Cameras that I I am not using any of the Alarm out or in for so It had enough ports to make this little test setup... I Should have showed the bulbs longer but you can see I have a Jumper wire that connects the 2 inner pins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrDBkAfqMTk
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@pcabral I was helping a guy in a different forum who was wanting a way to programmatically turn off night vision in the AD110. He confirmed the HTTP API command I provided to change the night vision mode to Off worked!

http://<ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Off

To turn it back on, use the Mode "Auto" or "ForceOn".

You could automate this to turn off the IR after the AD110 weekly reboot resets it to Auto by various means if you have a home automation server that can issue commands on a schedule.

a bit more background here: https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/amcrest-s ... ost-475993