AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
andersonas25

Re: AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off

Post by andersonas25 »

It looks like this issue has returned. Today I checked to see if there were any FW updates and 1.000.00AC009.0.R.221313 was available. So I let it update. As soon as it got dark the camera started to reboot every minutes. The script that sets:

/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual

No longer works.

I have two AD110's both have had their FW updated only one appears to have a problem.

They were running FW 1.000.00AC008.2.R.22907
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

May want to make a Ticket with the Smart Home area so the Amcrest Smarthome team can look into the issue. It would be faster for them to get to the bottom of the issue using the Ticket System on issues like this.
Be Safe.
labarbacoa

Post by labarbacoa »

What is the state of this issue on the AD110? It's been a year since I disconnected mine. I'm willing to fire it back up again if anyone can confirm it's possible to both prevent automatic restarts (I read it is every Tuesday) and night vision. Or if a recent firmware fixed any of these?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@labarbacoa Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Personally I would try and start it up again even with the same firmware you already have loaded. I would before doing anything else after this do a Factory Reset of the camera.. Once that is done add it back, remove from your Smart Home app, Then add the camera in. Something to keep in mind.

1 First and largest issues with Constant Restarts is that the camera is working with a Transformer that is to small. It needs to be a 30VA 16vac Transformer if you are working with a Doorbell chime indoors. However if you are from a different area where the doorbells are 8vac or 24 vac then you will need to use 24vac transformer and or for the 8VAC ones a transformer of 16vac and a relay to send power to the indoor chime the 8vac that it wants when the button is pressed...
Second issue and happens at times even when the End user don't know that it has changed and that is if there is anything in the camera setup that changes any settings that the camera rejects. This can be an issue with adding the doorbell to a 3rd party software or hardware. I have an older Dahua 8ch 4port POE NVR that if I add it to that NVR it will send something to the camera after being added and it will make that camera unstable only way to fix it is remove the camera from the device and doing a factory Reset. Just doing a remove from the NVR will not sure the issue because what ever command it sent to the camera has made it unhappy..

So once you make sure that your Transformer is right size, and that you add the camera back. I would test it for a week before adding it to some 3rd party Hardware/Software and make sure that it is working as expected. Once you know it is working well. Then adding it to a 3rd party device will be easier to understand if it goes off the rails again that there is something that camera don't like about the 3rd party device and Reset camera back to factory again to recover..
Good Luck.
Be Safe.