AD110 consistent AM Reboots (EST) once a week.

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
pcabral

AD110 consistent AM Reboots (EST) once a week.

Post by pcabral »

For some strange reason my doorbell has started rebooting... usually around 2am EST. This is the third week that this has happened. First time it happened was on 12/20, then 12/27 and today.

Anyone else experiencing this odd behavior? Other thing I noticed is that it will continue to reboot every ~30 minutes until sunrise. Very strange behavior..... wondering if Amcrest is having server issues again since these devices phone home?!?!?
Airey001

Re: AD110 consistent AM Reboots (EST) once a week.

Post by Airey001 »

Check your firmware version and make sure you are up to date. They use to have a hard coded reboot every tuesday. Which i thought they got rid of with the last firmware.

I am on see below and haven't seen those old reboots in a long time.
1.000.00AC006.0.R.200922
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Yep - a weekly Tuesday 2AM reboot is indicative of older AD110 firmware versions. The latest firmware no longer has a scheduled reboot. Since your reboots are more frequent than that, that's not the cause. No Amcrest/AWS cloud server issues that I know of right now. Even if there were, that would not cause the device to reboot.

Your problem sounds like it might be the IR power draw at night causing it to reboot from insufficient power. We've seen that reported before in this forum. Try temporarily setting night vision off to see what effect that has.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

From what it looks like, I would assume that a Weekly Reboot, 20th, 27th, and 4th is 1 week apart and then the issue of every 30min reboot is going to be a combo of things. As GaryOkie has said does sound like Power supply issue that happens every week caused by a FW that is older as Airey001 has said. Sounds like once the Reboot happens the doorbell isn't able to Recover the normal setting that might have an IR output at a level that is normal for the time it comes on all other times of the week. However after a Reboot at night the Darkness is deeper then the normal time the camera would change to IR mode and might have caused a different IR draw from power that it does after a Weekly Reboot. Causing the camera to cycle power over and over.

That tells me 2 things. First If you happen to find out that your FW is older and your going to update it DON'T do it at night... (I have said it before Updates shouldn't be preformed at night) Second, I would look at your Cameras Voltage values and either Upgrade your Wiring or the Size of your Transformer. Please note I am not saying to Buy a larger Transformer if your wiring you have already is inadequate for the task at hand. Doorbell wiring should be 20awg or better and if there is much distance from Transformer to doorbell camera 18awg is best.

Please remember when a normal doorbell button is in place there is no constant voltage running though the cables only power when button is pushed. With the camera there is now contact voltage over full length of cable. Also double checking connections at the Indoor chime is a good idea.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
diyorbust

Post by diyorbust »

Im on V1.000.00AC006.0.R.20200922 and did some digging on the settings which I dont believe suffer from the Tuesday 2AM reboot. On a factory default state config, these four lines are interesting:

Code: Select all

table.All.AutoMaintain.AutoRebootDay=2
table.All.AutoMaintain.AutoRebootEnable=false
table.All.AutoMaintain.AutoRebootHour=2
table.All.AutoMaintain.AutoRebootMinute=0
Note that the AutoRebootDay=2 (2 being tuesday) perhaps, and AutoRebootHour=2 (2 being 2am) Since AutoRebootEnable=false, this perhaps is what prevents the 2am tuesday night reboots. Those are the factory defaults but my actual settings are:

Code: Select all

table.All.AutoMaintain.AutoRebootDay=-1
table.All.AutoMaintain.AutoRebootEnable=false
table.All.AutoMaintain.AutoRebootHour=2
table.All.AutoMaintain.AutoRebootMinute=0