AD110 connection issue

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
ptlmveng

AD110 connection issue

Post by ptlmveng »

I’ve had a AD110 for about 2 years and never had any issues other than ones that were corrected by firmware updates. I had to change my Wi-Fi SSID and was unable to get my device reconnected to the network. I’ve completely deleted the device from my account and tried reconnecting, hard resets, and also worked with tech support to no avail. They believed the doorbell was bad and told me I’d have to do a RMA. Well I’m out of warranty so that’s not an option. The only option was to buy a new AD110, which I did and have the same problem. I can connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of the device and locate my wireless network. When the light on the doorbell spins when it’s trying to connect to the network, it never stops and never actually connects. I’ve tried resetting all setting on my network and also eliminated all security features. I’ve also tried 3 different wireless routers. Still the same results. No settings on my network have changed except for the SSID. I’m wondering if it’s a iOS/firmware/app issue. Anyone else experience this? I’m sitting on 2 doorbells that are kinda worthless if I can’t get one of them connected.
ptlmveng

Re: AD110 connection issue

Post by ptlmveng »

Voltage is good (17.56v) and I’ve tried moving the doorbell within 1’ of the router. It currently is about 6’ from the router.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

To be honest it sounds like a iOS issue, If you have a Friend or family member that has a Droid I would DL/install Smart Home on there and try the install again using the other type phone. Once you get it working (Connected to your network) you could access the system on your Desktop or even via the Amcrest View Pro, However to setup it needs to be done using the Smart Home App..

That is what I would do.

Or if Amcrest happens to have an older App that they could send to install on your phone I would maybe ask about that as well. Not sure really I have old iOS phone so not sure.
Be Safe.
ptlmveng

Post by ptlmveng »

Yea thanks. That’s what I was gonna try. I have an iPad with an older iOS (15.4) but I had to download the app so it was the most recent and gave me the same results. I’m hoping a droid will get it attached to my account then have no problems with apple devices accessing it.
ptlmveng

Post by ptlmveng »

So I was able to get it connected in a slightly unconventional way. I side loaded the smart home app onto a fire tv and connected it since that operates on an android platform. There’s definitely a conflict between iOS and the smart home app that won’t allow it to connect, but did with previous versions.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Good to hear you were able to get things working. Thank you for posting how you were able to get things working.
Be Safe.