AD110 Connected to 12v DC

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

AD110 Connected to 12v DC

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WOW WTH...

Ok so I thought I would look over the Manual for the AD110 and I just found out that I like my Doorbells 1000000000000000000000% more today then I did an hour ago... My Doorbell or one of them anyway is Connected to a 12v power supply WTH.... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JmduLO ... UHB7M/view Manual for your Viewing that is from Amcrest Website if you like to search for the manual you will get that same link...

Here is what to know..

IF you setup the Doorbell camera to work with a Chime either picking the Mech or Digital and can choose how long to play the notes for your DOORBELL WILL NEED TO BE RESET using the button...

Remove power from doorbell from AC setup... Remove Chime Kit, Remove all wiring and now in the place of the old wiring attach ground and positive of 12v DC (I used a 5amp power supply) so I am honestly not sure what the least yo can get away with I know that the system was showing nothing more then 200ma of current in my testing after it loaded I am guessing a 1 amp for IR and Heavy use would be good 2 amp if you have it would be BEST...

Remove the Doorbell from your Smart Home App... COnnect your 12v Power supply and let it turn on the system it will take about same time it takes with 16vac... Once you hear that it has Connected to the Network give it a minute (DON'T PRESS THE BUTTON until after you reset the camera) Now press the RESET button on the side until you hear Device Hard Resetting, Wait for it to reset and while waiting press the + on the App to add a new Device.
Once your system is added and you get to the part of adding a Chime Click on the bottom Skip... Once your system is added it is safe to now press the button and test...

WORD OF CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!
IF you don't Reset the camera and add it back and SKIP adding a CHIME when asked to add one your Camera will be shorting out your Power supply every time you press the button or someone presses the button... If you skip adding a Chime when the button is pressed it will not do anything to your power supply...

Please understand the camera is in a since when connected to a Chime setup to pass the voltage to the chime though the cameras relay When you skip the adding a Chime it takes pure power full time never activating the relay in the camera....

The camera without Chime can work from 12v to 24v DC as long as you skip the CHIME adding and you don't need to use the Chime KIT from Amcrest either....
Be Safe.