AD110 chime broken after firmware update AC006.0.R.200828

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

Re: AD110 chime broken after firmware update AC006.0.R.200828

Post by GaryOkie »

Interesting. I had reported a few weeks ago a related bug with the Call Notification switch.
In the 702 firmware, turning this switch off did not work to turn off notifications. In 922, each SmartHome user has the ability to turn off notifications individually via the new Push Notification switch. The original Call Notification switch is also there - which turns out to be a master SmartHome kill switch. It not only turns off all push notifications, but also turns off any local recordings and disables events indicating when the doorbell is pushed.
So we can add disabling the chime to that kill switch dubious feature list as well.
TheLungMD

Post by TheLungMD »

I am running firmware 922 and had the exact problem with my AD110 not activating the Amcrest-provided adapter to my mechanical chime. Enabling call notification fixed my mechanical chime not working. And I do NOT receive a phone call each time the doorbell is pressed (I thought that is what the "call notification" option was for). Poor wording in the menu. So glad for the fellow users here!
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

0922 has created a new issue with call notification. I get maybe one ring and then it stops. So I cant answer the doorbell and speak to folks as I normally should. Been 6 months since the last update and I have little hopes right now that this will be fixed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I also had the issue with the one that I had connected to my NVR. I did a Reset and removed it from being on my NVR and since it has been back on after a Reset it has worked as expected since.. Because it is acting as it used to I have since left it off my NVR and using it only in the Smart Home app.. Motion works and Notices for calls work as it should.. Just so I am clear before this last reset I have done 3 others before this all connected back to the my NVR after setup.. It wasn't until the 4th Reset that I removed it from all Recorders or Software outside the Smart Home app and it has been Normal since the last Reset..
Be Safe.