AD110- Can you disable the mechanical chime?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
tmodlin

AD110- Can you disable the mechanical chime?

Post by tmodlin »

Replaced a Ring doorbell today with the AD110 and I am hoping to be able to turn off the mechanical chime in the house.

The previous Ring had a setting for this but I can’t seem to find it on the Amcrest Smart Home app.

We have a newborn and a dog so I would love to be able to get the notifications on my phone without the door bell going off.

Am I missing something?
wallace4793

Re: AD110- Can you disable the mechanical chime?

Post by wallace4793 »

Why no just take the wiring out at the chime? So the doorbell goes straight to the transformer?
tmodlin

Post by tmodlin »

I suppose I could just take the wire on the front door and attach to the transformer terminal but it would be nice just to toggle off in the app, if possible.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

amcrest smarthome app development team should be able to add 0s in the 'link digital/mechanical chime' drop down' basically to mute the indoor chime while retaining call notification.
tmodlin

Post by tmodlin »

amcrest168 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:21 pm amcrest smarthome app development team should be able to add 0s in the 'link digital/mechanical chime' drop down' basically to mute the indoor chime while retaining call notification.
Makes sense, but doesn’t sound like a current option?

Screenshot attached showing .3 sec which triggers the mechanical chime.

I switched to the digital chime option thinking it may disable the signal to the mechanical chime and it doesn’t. It still rings.
Attachments
F09235BD-E02E-45B2-B09A-05F72E4F340C.png
F09235BD-E02E-45B2-B09A-05F72E4F340C.png (231.19 KiB) Viewed 7914 times
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@tmodlin , unfortunately it does not appear to be a current option. you can either post a feature request on this forum or submit a ticket requesting to add this feature for the next smart home app release if the feature is something the developers are able to include in future releases.
Avantado

Post by Avantado »

Hello from Germany, same problem here. A few weeks ago, I was able to deactivate my mechanical chime. I could choose between electronic, mechanical, or no chime. A few App-updates later, I can choose between electronic and mechanical, but they will both activate my mechanical chime. So I have to set a normal Switch... ;(
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Avantado Hello and Welcome to the Forum

To anyone that is reading this and want to Disable the Chime yes you can.. However it has to be done on setting up the Camera.. Once it is setup there is only 2 options Mech, or Digi... So if you want to run this Doorbell camera on a Power supply that is, 12vDC or 16vac or 24vac you will want to do 2 things or this is how I would do it anyway...

1 While still connected to your current 16vac power, Reset the camera by Removing the Faceplate and pressing the Reset button on the side, Once the camera has Reset you will hear it say that it is doing a Hard Reset, While it is Resetting, Remove the camera from your Smart HOme app, Then Restart your Phone (Please Restart your phone) once your phone has restarted then add the camera back, Pressing the button for a short press will turn on the Cameras Hotspot, Bring up the Smart Home app and Press the + Once you get the camera going for connection when you get to the Doorbell type down at the bottom of the screen CLICK SKIP.. IF you don't skip this and your going to run this on 12v, 16vac, 18vac, or 24vac without a connection to a indoor bell system you will take a risk of damage to your Power Supply... Once you add the camera back to the smart home app and have it setup Skipping the option to use with indoor bell system you can power this camera without needing a Chime Kit as well..

Also in the Future of you change the setup from say working with a 12v Power supply to working back with a indoor doorbell please make sure to install the CHIME KIT as expected...

Chime Kit not needed when installing this camera on a 12vdc power supply or a 24vac power supply just make sure to Skip when asked the type of doorbell you will be using...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pirateriemann

Post by pirateriemann »

@Revo2Maxx

Just to clarify before I try the above steps. Currently I have my AD410 hooked up to my mechanical doorbell with a 16vac/30va transformer. If I do the above steps, leave it still wired up through the mechanical doorbell and remove the chime kit everything will still be fine? I won't need to add a resistor or anything? Just want to make sure I don't burn anything up. Thanks in advance.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

NO!!!!!!!!!

If you are going to remove the Chime Kit then you need to Remove the Chime from the system this also means before doing so, you need to Remove the AD410 from your App, Resetting the Doorbell camera and adding it back without adding the Doorbell Chime.. Once you have No chime added, The Doorbell chime and chime kit can be removed. Make no mistake this isn't as easy as it sounds if you have it setup as a normal doorbell should be. That is because you have 1 wire from Transformer going to Doorbell and one going to the Chime and Chimekit. Then one from the Chime kit to the doorbell so it can be done just know and understand what needs to happen to get the power to make a complete circuit...

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!! No Doorbell (Chime) needs to be added (SKIP) if that page is still there in the Smart home app that needs to be skipped. If it isn't skipped the doorbell will die..

What does this mean. This means if you are going to connect Transformer to doorbell and have no Chime then that option to install one needs to be skipped.. If it isn't skipped the doorbell will get shorted out and only way to access it from then on is OVER USB power port.. That is because the USB power port is not part of the High Power supply circuit...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe