AD 110 No voice prompt for set up

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
westsj60

AD 110 No voice prompt for set up

Post by westsj60 »

Hi,
I'm just trying to install the AD 110 and I cannot get a voice prompt during set up. I have tried doing a factory reset to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD 110 No voice prompt for set up

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

If the camera working? Do you have a large enough supply and or do you have the camera installed correctly for type of install your trying to do?

Trying to Desktop test the camera? Or has it been installed in the Doorbell Switch location?

If you have at your Desk, You can do some Testing with the camera using a 12vdc Power supply. I have used one as small as 1.5amps so it don't have to be crazy powerful.. Just keep in mind that you will want to once your setting up using the Smart Home app, Skip the Doorbell adding area if you don't you take the risk of blowing up your power supply..

You have it installed at Switch, did you install the Chime Kit on your indoor Bell. You need one going to the T and one on the F this will let the camera get the power it needs to start without the Chime Kit only option to install camera is as a Stand alone, no connection to indoor chime and no chime kit needed just make sure as I stated above to Skip the option of adding the indoor bell...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
westsj60

Post by westsj60 »

Hi and thank you for your reply.
I have connected the camera to the existing power supply for the original bell and connected the chime kit at the bell.

The light blinks blue but I do not get the voice prompt when I hit the reset button or try the factory reset. If I hold the reset long enough the light will cycle purple and green and continue blinking blue.

I have used the app to install other cameras with no issues.

Thanks,

Steve
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You are trying to setup the Ad110 using the Smart Home App by Amcrest? Or you trying to setup using Amcrest View Pro?
Be Safe
westsj60

Post by westsj60 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:13 pm You are trying to setup the Ad110 using the Smart Home App by Amcrest? Or you trying to setup using Amcrest View Pro?
I am using the Smart Home App. I have followed the directions, as in pressing the reset and waiting for the voice prompt but never get one. it appears the units "hot spot" does not start up to do the set up.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well, I will admit I have had mine reset at times with no prompt and didn't even know it was reset I mean I did hear the IRC click outside of that there was no Prompt.

The the next thing is was your Ad110 bought few from Amcrest or did you buy used? I mean if someone that you bought it from had an issue with the system always saying Connection to the Network as some people get upset about the camera doing after the system is in Crash mode from some setting change that the camera didn't like rather then doing a Reset the camera just keep making connection calls.. Anyway that last owner might have removed the wires to the speaker so they didn't have to hear it anymore?

About going into Hotspot, after connection to the power and about 30 seconds after camera is powered on press the button on the side(reset button) do this with just a Fast Click of the finger making sure to press the button, Then check the app to see if in your Wifi if you have a DB that is offering a Wifi Connection. Then if you can connect and setup maybe it only needs to be turned up in the app?

If yours is used and not able to return are you in USA?
Be Safe
westsj60

Post by westsj60 »

I bought it new from Amcrest Direct, I will continue trying setup for a little while more and if I have no luck will return it. Thanks for your help, it's very much appreciated.
wkethman

Post by wkethman »

Did you figure this out? I am having the same issue
lhannen

Post by lhannen »

Exact same problem here with my new AM110. After measuring 16.4v at original doorbell using multimeter, turned doorbell off at breaker, installed chime kit and AM110, and turned breaker back on. I get no voice prompt at all after pressing the reset button. No access point appears. Can hold down the reset button for about 30 seconds and the blue ring begins flashing, then goes to purple, for a bit, then light blue.

If I leave it alone for a bit I hear a slightly muffled click from it every couple of minutes, and the blue ring turns off and back on.
lhannen

Post by lhannen »

In my case, I think I just found the issue: An ancient doorbell transformer which may be in spec voltage-wise, but has seen better days.

I'm ordering a new one and will post back whether that's the fix.