[AD410] Lost the ability to RTSP video at 30 FPS

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
colorbars

Re: [AD410] Lost the ability to RTSP video at 30 FPS

Post by colorbars »

Good points. I can only relate my experience, but I was using it at 30 for 8 months with no problem at all. That included all summer when the temperature would hit the high 90's to low 100's and the camera faces due west and gets direct sunlight for a few hours in the late afternoon/early evening. Of course that was only one summer and the effects could be cumulative. I'll keep an eye on it.

The thought I had on why they'd do that was maybe to limit the amount of bandwidth the camera can send to a remote viewer over the internet through Amcrest's servers. I would have no effect on that since I'm not streaming anything outside my LAN anyway.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: [AD410] Lost the ability to RTSP video at 30 FPS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Smart home products are little different then the normal Amcrest CCTV line. Only way there is no data flowing though a SERVER when using a Smart home Device, is if you were to get it from a different recorded area. Like a Connected DVR/NVR, Blue Iris, NAS or the like.. Where SH differs is that all footage live or playback streams into and out of a server before it gets to an App for live view or playback.. Where with the normal CCTV camera there is no Server in the Middle even if using P2P it would only hand off the request for connection it isn't connected directly through a Server..

So I don't know what or Why. I tested it and I put it back to 15fps just for the sake of keeping things the way they where. Camera has lasted this long since release and don't want to give it a reason to get upset with me now lol.. To be honest I thought I would DL, and try the camera at 30 with it still only producing the 15 and no that wasn't the case. I setup for 22 and I recorded some footage then played back, then paused and next frame and sure enough out of 2 min of playback 98% of it was at 22fps. So picked 22 because that is what I run most of my cameras at that are able to run 30fps.

Hope all goes well with your camera. Just thought I would share what or Why I was thinking it might be..
Be Safe.