SD Card recording no longer visible in Cloud App

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
CZ74

SD Card recording no longer visible in Cloud App

Post by CZ74 »

Hi

I have 2 Amcrest IP5M-1176E POE cameras set up, both with SD storage card recording and I've always used the Amcrest Cloud App to view both my cameras remotely, it's worked fine and I can view live images and playback to events stored on the SD card without issues, all via the app.

One of the cameras is outdoors and sometimes the SD card storage fails on it and the card has to be replaced, it happens once every few years and it's currently not working, not a big issue, I'll replace the SD card when I'm next at the camera.

The other camera is indoor and has never really had any issues with the SD card inserted, it's still there and events are being recorded to it.

However when I currently use the Cloud View App on my phone to remotely access my cameras, live view works fine on them. The outdoor camera shows the normal timeline at the bottom of the live view, but obviously since the SD card isn't working I can't select anything or see when events occurred, but the bar is visible.

The indoor camera with it's working SD card however has a big banner across the bottom of the app where the timeline select normally is (and it's showing correctly on the other camera) stating: Your account is for live view only with no cloud storage.

If I VPN to my network and connect directly to the camera IP address I can see via the Chrome Extension I can view the event recordings on the camera that shows that banner message on the phone app so its definitely recording the events and marking the timeline correctly. It's just that SD card recording is no longer visible in the phone app.

This is great for me but I have people who rely on the app working for them to be able to check the camera live view and importantly the event recordings that have recently occurred but they can no longer do this.

Users are running Apple and Android phones, on my Samsung S9 with the most up to date version of the app and I'm seeing the same as the iPhone users are reporting in their app.

Both cameras have identical settings other than their IP addresses, both cameras are at the same location, both cameras are powered by POE, the cameras are on different network subnets within the same network. Both cameras are running the latest firmware available to them.

So how do I fix this issue? Any ideas?
I'm not sure when it started as I don't need to regularly check the cameras myself.