My IP camera serial number isn't long enough to sign up

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
laurenell

My IP camera serial number isn't long enough to sign up

Post by laurenell »

Hello, apologize ahead of time..

Bought the 1080P wireless camera and was just trying to sign it up for aecrest cloud service - and it asked for a 16 character serial number - well it's only 15 characters!

Anyway thanks for any help...
taz

Re: My IP camera serial number isn't long enough to sign up

Post by taz »

Same issue, camera serial number is too short
vikkayy

Post by vikkayy »

same but mine is 14
HomeNamth

Post by HomeNamth »

Have anyone recieved a response? My serial number is only 14 characters as well.

Really trying to set up this online.

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I don't have a good answer for you. I am going to guess that you might want to talk with the people that you bought the Camera or Device from.. Amcrest Cameras that I own all of them other then my Smart Home products are 18 digits. It almost sounds like that someone installed a software on the camera or device that was not setup for an Amcrest Product and this has caused it to be disabled from accessing the Amcrest Apps and software as a Protection of their services...

So I again can only say I don't know and these are Guesses.. One thing that I would do to try and maybe have your device restored back to a Factory setup is to Reset your Camera by it's Reset button. While I can't say that will fix the issue it is something that may..

Last Resort is to contact Amcrest if you bought it from them off the Website, or from Amcrest Direct on Ebay and ask them to get you an RMA and a working device.. Sadly if you bought it from Amazon or some 3rd party there is no telling even if it looks new if someone didn't put software on the device that 1 could be a Security Risk and if it was from Amazon I would ask they let you return the device because it is not working to your standards or might be a Hacked device..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
ramizzan

Post by ramizzan »

I am having the same issue. Resetting the camera will not help. The serial number stays the same. You can access the serial number from the mobile app as well as Surveillance Pro, but it simply does not work on Amcrest Cloud. :(
pdurdeen7

Post by pdurdeen7 »

I am having the same issue. It’s not a camera issue, it’s an app issue. The camera works on the Amcrest view pro app, but on the Amcrest smart home app, it won’t accept the sn. It’s the same sn that I used on the view pro app. Since I cannot get smart home app to work, I can use my Alexa devices.