Live view playback

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Evelynway04

Live view playback

Post by Evelynway04 »

When I go to my notifications to see videos that the camera captured. Instead of having a play button to push so I can view the video it just has the option of “live view”. And so it’s not recording and I’m
Not sure what to do.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Live view playback

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Couple of things. First you will need to make sure that you have Micro SD installed in your camera and that it is working.. Second you will need to double check that you are using Video in your Push or you are using images that will playback like a video.. Also please note you will want to double check that your camera is setup to record in your event type. Just setting up a push for IVS and don't have it enabled to record there will be nothing to playback. OR if you setup for Motion but didn't enable motion to record to your Micro SD card then it won't playback..
Outside of this only other this left if a Bandwidth issue or might be a delay in the recording being finished. That is why I choose to use image. This way it will playback the event like a video while the event has time to finish the recording. Now if you are trying to play back from older event in the day then it has to be another issue listed above..
Be Safe.
Evelynway04

Post by Evelynway04 »

Thanks, it's just weird. Some will have a video attached (like a 5 second video) and then others will just have the "live view" over the picture. And it doesn't even give me the option to play the image. I don't have an SD card in at the moment. But like when I go to my notifications, I see the image and there is a play button but when i click it, nothing happens and it says "live view" over the image. But then like 3 other images later there is a video that does record. Under "Device Information" i have Motion Detection on and Smart Tracking On and motion sensitivity to 4. My storage status is just the cloud storage. I'm not sure where I find the information you were talking about when you said to double check to make sure i'm using Video in my push or using images that will play back like a video.
The camera I have is older, like from 2018 or 2019. The model number is ASH21-W, I'm not sure if that is helpful information or not.
Thank you for your time. This is my first time really using it in my house.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Well that is different camera and thanks for pointing out it wasn't a normal IP camera. In that case the ASH21 from yester year. I own a first gen also. In there when you setup for push it is just setup as a push little different when you have a IP camera setup for Push you choose what type of event playback you want Images or video and or Live View.. So on ash21 on Smart Home app, when you are on the camera picture in normal mode there is a cog at top. Click that and turn on and your done. Then to play them back (Only if you have Micro SD installed) you can click on the event pop up on your phone and because you said you don't have a MSD installed only option is Live View. Then you click that and it will show you the current live view of the camera even while away from home... Second way to look, When you bring up app, then click on Events down below it will show you different events for your installed cameras. So for mine I have loads of Smart Home Products and have many different events to pick. After picking the one for the ASH21 if there is no MSD again only option will be Live View.. However with you saying that you have Cloud, I don't so I can't say for sure but my guess is that if you did the playback in the Events area it might pull the event out of the cloud. I don't know as I don't have option on my devices. I don't like the idea of a website that has my Password to all my devices. So I record to MSD, FTP, DVR/NVR's and or ASP via PC-NVR and even on some a Blue Iris.

It could be that when you click on events and your camera and the event that it will pull from your cloud. If it should push with cloud then I would guess there might be a connection issue or that because the event is being sent to the cloud, If you happen to look to early it hasn't had a chance to upload to the cloud and so there is only option for Live View..

That is why I choose to setup my IP cameras with Push of Images, This way the playback is able to get down right away without having to wait for the Record time to expire and recorded file to be complete.. If I was to do a Video, and click it right away I might get a no video option of Live view only
Be Safe.