h264 works but h265 doesn't

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
djxpress

h264 works but h265 doesn't

Post by djxpress »

Can't see the live view on the Amcrest Cloud if my encoding is set to h.265, however, if I change it to h.264, I can see the live stream fine. The actual video clip that I download is viewable if it's either encode. Anyone else have this issue?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: h264 works but h265 doesn't

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. While I am not 100% sure I am going to make a Guess that the main reason is that it is easier for your system to play the H264 over internet then it is for the newer H265. While I know this don't make since seeing the saving it can do on your storage. The good news is if you need to see in TOP quality you can DL the file and play it in your H265 format. Main thing is that even though it is good savings on your Storage it can be VERY taxing on your CPU and memory. Also even though H265 was released in 2012 not many were fast to adapt. Then there are 3 normal H265 that are paid to the person that built it. There is a 4th that is easier on CPU and works with all platforms however it is slow to move out in all forms. I would guess that the one in your camera is one of the 3.

While this isn't much help I thought I would share what I know of the formats and why it may not stream as you wish it would...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
James.S

Post by James.S »

H265 is at this time currently not supported however we are about to do a major upgrade to the cloud services this will also include better compatibility with the h265 format.
mweberdpt

Post by mweberdpt »

James.S Has this update occurred since July?