Continuous recording and black screens

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
TomJL

Continuous recording and black screens

Post by TomJL »

Hi I paid for continuous recording and it looks like this product uses motion to record and it does this in very short timeframes like a minute or two. I don't understand why? Also when I view the screen live it is not moving along not sure why this is happening then the screen just goes black. I need help if I am to continue with this service.

best, tom...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Continuous recording and black screens

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Personally I would double check the connection to the internet and router and make sure that you have a good connection and a fast enough Network speed. Also might need to lower the FPS and or even Encoding to make sure there is a good full time Recording to the Cloud. Also maybe want to send Support some info to see if they can help you more on this issue..

https://amcrest.com/othersupport and fill out the form to get support staff help
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
TomJL

Post by TomJL »

Can you tell me what Sensitivity and Threshold do in motion detection?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

TBH I leave them as they were setup 60 and 5 Respectfully.. Then I will double check things within the cameras area of Detection and make adjustment to my needs.. This isn't something that is a 1 setting fits all setup as there are many different things within the cameras Detection range that would make it not work at all for another.. In Short only a Very few of my cameras are at a different setting then the 60 5 and the Other cameras from different manufactures might be even different yet, I leave them at the normal, Setup for FUll time recording with Motion for a week, while I adjust the Motion settings.. Looking over the Footage, If I see there was motion that didn't get recorded as motion I will make some small adjustments and test on for me normally I can have the cameras I want Motion only to be set up right within that week.. In my area I have very Humid nights and or it rains a lot so I will setup important cameras to Record differently at night if they are IR and normally all my cameras that are Color with White LEDs are all off to cut back on rain, snow and humid motion effects... Next and most important if you have an area that is Very dark a Motion light in the cameras ROI will make the system work much better then keeping the White LEDs on all night and have loads of false motion alerts off bugs or rain and or humid weather trails.. This can also be done for other cameras as long as they are setup for Color at night.. This wouldn't be how I would setup a First Detection camera.. This is more of a Internal already breached the out side detection area for them I have enough light to observe before detection was ever needed..
Be Safe
TomJL

Post by TomJL »

Is there a way I can have a security guard log in without seeing my settings and profile?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If your asking can you have an different person log into your Device and help look over your things then the answer is yes. You can make an account for another user and give them access to what you want them to see.

To better understand how and what they will see it is important that you log into the account before giving that account out to the user to make sure it gives the info you want them to have and not the info you don't..

So say that you have a 16ch NVR or DVR and want only the first 9 channels to be seen by another for keeping track or help with Detection. By logging into the account you will know that in fact your user will only have access to what you want them to..

However if your question is related to trying to help with your Setup to see what and why something isn't working it is hard to say make a limited account for them to log into because the issue might not be able to be seen without having full access.. Then it comes down to 1 last part for me if I was going to give out Admin Access, I would remove the Device Maintenance right off the start from their account because with that added in the NVR or DVR can be shut off by remote and for me I don't feel that is something from the outside should have access to. Now this is only if your Recorder is running on V4 Firmware newer from 2019 or 2020.. Older v3xx fw formatting the HDD will Reboot the device outside of that there is no way to turn off from outside in FW 4.xx someone can.. I find that a Risk to be honest...
Be Safe