Cloud won't allow second camera

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
finnd1

Cloud won't allow second camera

Post by finnd1 »

Recently retired my FOSCAM cameras and purchased a number of IP4M-1051B

using the cloud free plan which claims Unlimited Live-Streaming and Unlimited Cameras.

https://amcrest.com/cloud/#NewPlans
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (20.02 KiB) Viewed 14535 times

first issue: it is now claiming I have reached my limit for monthly streaming, despite the free plan claiming "unlimited" Are they using a different definition of unlimited than I am unfamiliar with? :)

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (31.72 KiB) Viewed 14535 times

Second issue: When I go to add the second camera I am told I have reached my limit for cameras. So, really, same question, different definition of unlimited? Has the plan changed but the page not been updated?

Thanks in advance for any help

Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cloud won't allow second camera

Post by Revo2Maxx »

First Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

Second where is my Cigar lol.. JK :)

Anyway I am wondering if the issue is that the account your first Camera was connected to was what was offered some time ago where it had cloud in that picture above it says no cloud... So I am wondering if the option isn't picked in the package settings right? Because from what it looks like from the second picture is this is from a Free Cloud limited to 1 camera...

So I am guessing this is a way to connect over cloud having to log into a website to view the camera over P2P.. I would just seeing this is NOT CLOUD as it says No Cloud in the listing and set up your cameras to use P2P and you can have all your cameras connected to your network able to work with Amcrest View Pro app on your Cell phone every where you go that you have data...

This will make it so youdon't have to worry about having your cameras Password out on some Website OVer your phone your app no one can easily hack your camera... They would need your SN and password to gain access however over a Website someone could maybe Hack the site and this in turn could gain access to your SN and password.. So I have removed my cameras from Cloud and the Amcrest view dot com website as well...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
finnd1

Post by finnd1 »

Thanks for the quick response Revo2Maxx

I'm using the https://www.amcrestcloud.com/ website to view the cameras. I ended up breaking down and calling support, which was very helpful. This was a "me" generated issue. Since I planned on getting the Amcrest cameras for a while, I had already created my account on the Amcrest Cloud website, even before I had my cameras. It would seem that the free unlimited streaming and unlimited cameras is a new thing, that post-dates my account creation.

All I had to do was fully delete my original account, and then recreate it. I now have both cameras on the account and assume that I won't be limited in my streaming either, though I won't know for a few days.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad you have it working now and was just as I was thinking the issue might have been... Again for me and might be something you find later is good for you as well.. Setting your camera to work with P2P as I am sure it is already set seeing your using cloud service again no storage so there is honestly not much Benefit besides a way to access your camera outside your own network... *Few things to keep in mind*

When your working with your camera over the internet your camera is streaming the data to the Cloud servers This then kind of works like looking at a website and might be 10 or 20 hops from your own computer network.. These hops will be a combo of routers and servers and extra hardware...

P2P is a Peer 2 Peer connection and in a since your camera and your phone (Or other device) makes a Connection to each other while there are in a since the same hops between you there is a Bridge aka Tunnel that makes the 2 items connect just as if you were connected at your own home network... Less lag issue unless you have slow Mobile data then it would suffer over either type of connection made... P2P is much safer as you don't have to store a password on any server

Just my 2cents.

By the way the Picture, if you? 20 years ago we might have been able to pull off being twins lol My beard today is White and people always ask me if I growing it to play Santa lol
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe