Camera records event every 30s to the cloud

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
mupimohan

Camera records event every 30s to the cloud

Post by mupimohan »

I have the IP3M H2XW and I have added that to the cloud. I have the $6 membership.

I have removed the SD card and have not added any schedule in the camera web interface. SD card, FTP, NAS are all disabled. Only motion detect is set on the cloud. I have also set the area on the cloud setting so that any shrubs, tree branches are not included,

But I noticed that the camera is recording a 30s event continuously. i.e every 30s, there is a 30s video recorded to the cloud even though there is absolutely no motion.. This obviously looks like a settings issue.

I would appreciate and feedback.

Thanks
mupimohan

Re: Camera records event every 30s to the cloud

Post by mupimohan »

I have only checked motion in the destination/path and general is not enabled in the schedule.
I have already done factory resets.

Now it is not recording every 30s but there are several hundred events in just a few hrs even though there is absolutely nothing moving in the video. I have diabled snapshot completely.

Looks like another RMA?
It has been 2 months since I ordered these cameras and still havent got one to run normally. I have already returned the IP3M-941B. Looks like the IP3M_H2XW is also going back.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

ok after looking at the recordings, it looks like they are apart by multiples of 30s like 30s, 1m, 2m etc but most of them are 30s apart and are 30s videos which is basically continuous recording.

I have attached the image of the cloud storage. I have put the schedule on the cloud to record from 9pm to 6am. There is only motion detect option at the cloud. This certainly does not look right.
There is no motion in any of the videos.
Attachments
Amcrest6.jpg
Amcrest6.jpg (27.57 KiB) Viewed 9191 times
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Well the tech support guy asked me to increase the resolution to 3MP!! Their usual solution is to lower the res to 720p for all issues. I don't understand the logic behind asking me to increase the res to 3MP! The only reason this may not record at all is network issue (their favorite diagnosis for any problem) i.e not having enough bandwidth. That does not mean the issue is fixed! I want a solution for 1080p. Not "no recording at 3MP"

Also these one line answers come 2-3 days after I send a question. At this rate they will never resolve any issue. It has already been some 29 days and then I will stuck with a camera that doesn't do what it is supposed to be doing i.e record only motion events to the cloud.
Systemuser

Post by Systemuser »

Not sure if it will help for the cloud recordings but worth checking, there was another post on here about unwanted continuous recording to FTP. The comment by user named sllinke found a solution for that one. in Event>Abnormality>Network>Disconnected. See the post by Sllinke in the link below, To test it turn the event type network disconnected to not enabled and recording that event to not enabled and save to see if that might stop the excessive cloud recordings. Would mainly apply to WIFI cameras models which might have an unplugged Ethernet port rather than POE models that always have Ethernet plugged in.
https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ted#p15995
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Yep I have seen that post. I have nothing else enabled.
This has to be something to do with sensitivity/threshold setting.
James.S

Post by James.S »

mupimohan,

This looks like it could likely be a sensitivity / Threshold setting that will need to be adjusted within the cloud and or the camera itself.

Please reach out to use ([email protected]) The Team and I would be happy to work with you one on one to investigate why your camera is sending this amount of recordings to the cloud.