Amcrest Doorbell Offline

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
savona

Amcrest Doorbell Offline

Post by savona »

I just set up my new amcrest doorbell. It went fairly smoothly and all seemed fine. I received a "successfully connected to network" voice message. I then opened the app and saw a live view. Great!

All the sudden the camera went offline and will not come back.

The wifi strength is strong in it's location, it is about 12 feet from my access point.

It looks like support for this device is hard to find. I can't find anything on the website.

Anyone have any ideas?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest Doorbell Offline

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly i am not sure... I am going to guess that you might want to Shut off the Power to the Device, then disconnect it and maybe push the bell button a few times to help drain the Large Caps that I hear are in the camera I would do that for a min or 2 and then leave it off from power for an hour. After an hour I would try and return power back to the camera and see if it starts up like it did when you first got it. Sadly it is hard to tell what could be the issue when it comes to things like these... It could be that it is as simple as a Bad connection and or tripped breaker...

Ways to test... If you have a Multi Meter, I would get to the back of the camera where you connected to the wires and set your Meter to 200Vac if you have your camera connected to a 24vac PSU.. If you have it connected to a 16Vac PSU then you can set your meter for 20Vac and test the 2 wires at the camera if the volts are there then it could be hard to tell what the issue is? Do you have an MSD card installed? maybe take it out and look to see if there is working video on it after you lost control of it.. If there is and the camera is working local to the device then it could be as easy as a Network Reboot. Unplug your router that you have the camera set to and after 10 to 30 seconds plug it back in and I am not sure if it is something that is in there or not but if the option to change network from DHCP to Static I would keep it Static so the IP don't change because if it is working it could be that the Camera on a Reboot after setup changed IP and the app don't know the IP to find it at

Sorry this is just some ideas of what I would do...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
savona

Post by savona »

Thanks for the tips. I think I found the problem. I didn't have the chime adapter connected correctly so there seemed to be voltage dips in the line. Once I connected the chime adapter it's much more stable now.

Now I only have two more problems to overcome:

1) My mechanical chime doesn't work anymore. I set it up "linked" it in the app, but it doesn't ring when the button is pushed.

2) I am trying to get my old NVR camera in the smart home app so I can view everything in one place instead of 2 apps.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I am not sure a non Smart Home camera would work in the Smart Home App.. However don't make any adjustments if you have a NVR you can connect the door bell to the nvr ...

About the Chime not working. I am going to guess that maybe there is an issue with not having enough PSU.. So before the camera install the Chime might have only had a PSU that was big enough for the Chime to work only... That is something to look into...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @savona, i'm using an old maple chase chimex 08040 mechanical chime and it works great and reliable but one odd thing with this door chime is i have to link it as a digital chime for it to work as opposed to a mechanical chime. linking it to a mechanical chime didn't work but linking either as a 'digital chime' or as a 'no chime' works with the maple chase 08040 mechanical chime.

i notice the ad110 struggles with its 1080p live view streaming despite having more than enough network bandwidth and strong wifi network. my NVR shows the ad110 has too many dropped frames in both regular and motion detected recordings. please share your experience with the ad110 NVR recording. thanks.
savona

Post by savona »

So far the NVR recording has been great, no complaints. I am using an old NVR (out of production now).
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

good to hear. i think it's just my unfortunate luck i received a doorbell with a weaker radio. the router sees the doorbell just fine showing as good signal but the doorbell radio is just not strong enough to reach back to the router. i had to pull out my enterprise grade ap and controller to validate my suspicions.
savona

Post by savona »

amcrest168 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:42 pm good to hear. i think it's just my unfortunate luck i received a doorbell with a weaker radio. the router sees the doorbell just fine showing as good signal but the doorbell radio is just not strong enough to reach back to the router. i had to pull out my enterprise grade ap and controller to validate my suspicions.
Mine seems to work great, but I also have Enterprise grade Unifi APs in my house.

BTW, I also got the chime working by setting it to digital even though it is mechanical. Thanks for the tip!
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@savona, glad to hear you're able to link the door chime. i think i had done exactly what you did by first linking it as a mechanical chime then expecting the door chime to go 'ding dong' but nothing. it worked after i linked it as a digital chime or no chime. i left mine at digital chime.

i have a few enterprise grade aps (aruba, procurve, ubiquiti) at home and i have tested the doorbell with an ubiquiti uap-ac pro and the doorbell wifi experience is showing 60% and i have tested three cameras set up at the doorbell location have wifi experiences from 87% to 95%. i think i just may have encountered a doorbell with either a weaker antenna or too sensitive to 2.4ghz radio interference.
horus

Post by horus »

Just to share my story :: I've recently installed a AD110 Doorbell camera and after a successful installation, I noticed it keeps going offline and then the device says 'successfully connected to the network'. I found on another thread that this could be due to the transformer not providing enough power, so I changed the transformer for a 24V, 40VA. Same thing. The issue was "fixed" by disabling the Night Vision (IR leds). I'm going to talk to Support now to find out if it's a bug or what... Stay safe guys.