Amcrest Doorbell Offline

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
zeroohm

Re: Amcrest Doorbell Offline

Post by zeroohm »

I recently installed my Amcrest doorbell and noticed it keeps disconnecting from WiFi every five minutes or so. It remains disconnected for about a minute, and the it reconnects. I have a storage card installed so I went out on the porch and danced around to trigger a recording because if the camera was still working, it should have recorded me. It did not, which means it is not a network issue, it is a camera issue. The blue ring was on the entire time.

So I found this thread and the previous poster @horus appears to have the same problem I do. So I turned off the IR LEDs (turned off "night mode") and now - no disconnects. It is working just fine.

This must be a more common problem than just me and horus. I have not tried replacing my transformer - it is the same one that was used for the original non-camera doorbell.

The image quality is pretty good with night mode disabled but I think there might be a better solution. Anyone know?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @zeroohm and welcome to the forum. make sure you are using a 16v 30va transformer for the ad110. a traditional 16v 10va transformer will struggle trying to power the ad110.
zeroohm

Post by zeroohm »

I ended up turning Night Vision off, which is not ideal but the rebooting stopped. I have decided to look at this again and ordered a new 30VA transformer, since my current one is only rated at 10VA. I will check back in next week to report if that fixes the problem or not.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Is your camera working with a Indoor Doorbell chime? or you using your camera stand alone?

Just incase you want to know the camera does work with 12vdc, 16vac, 24vac and when installing the camera without a Doorbell inside the Chime kit isn't needed and just make sure that you setup the camera to skip adding the CHIME when option comes up in the Smart Home app.. This isn't something you can turn off once it is setup with it on so just make sure the option is skipped and things will work great from then on.

However if you are using a Indoor chime then yes chime kit is needed and 30va 16vac transformer is min..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
zeroohm

Post by zeroohm »

@Revo2Maxx I am using the chime kit, so I guess I still need the 30VA transformer, but I followed the solution in this thread: https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 031#p37031.

My camera made it through the night last night with zero disconnects. It seems that manually controlling the IR was the solution to my problem, not the transformer. Maybe Amrest should make that option available to everyone through the app, since most people who buy the camera will not take the time to search through forums to find the solution, and most probably won't be home automation "programmers".
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I was in the other thread was going to write something but then seen you left message here so I will just leave it here...

With the changes made with CGI it might be that you were able to get the camera to work over night without issue but there are many other factors that go into what could cause more current draw on the camera and then your 10va again would not be enough

First Please make sure not to update your camera at night with the IR on while on a 10va it will most likely brick your camera even with it setup for 90 with your CGI command...

There has been long time and loads of testing done by Amcrest, the Designers and it has been out long enough that the people have tested and while some can use a 10va I can't say that everyone that has made the claim after making the change like you have with a CGI command has not had other issues after the fact maybe no longer running on that 10va

It is best to be safe to have a large enough transformer to power the camera, There is a lot of things that takes power from the camera day or night at different rates. Even a simple looking at the camera on the Smart Home app can cause the camera to consume more current then it would while just monitoring the area...

Add in a connection to a DVR/NVR or even ASP and that current draw will change..
Be Safe
zeroohm

Post by zeroohm »

@Revo2Maxx I replaced the transformer yesterday with a 16V 30VA one. No problems occurred prior or since, and my Hubitat automation has been updating the camera every night at sunset since July 26. All is good. Thanks again for your help!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear things are working for you.. What I meant by shouldn't update is the FW of the Camera when it is on a Low Power supply..

So one of the things that people don't understand about how these things work.

1 Normal power little to no motion alerts or anything with in the Scene that requires more power
2 Working of the Doorbell camera, Could be to test if the scene is changing for required recording
3 Then power needed for taking in the scene and recording to the MSD
4 All the same as each of above with IR on Also if the placement of the Wifi router is far each above and this might need more power to keep working
With info from 4 this also translates in to 1-3 the constant use of the Internet to keep ready for off site connection
5 all the above with a Firmware update

There are many other factors as well. In some cases they don't all happen all at once and so a lower Supply can work because when there is no power from the supply there is some back up power within the cameras 2 large caps

Things like using the App to look at the camera or playback from the MSD then if you were to say have an Event while playing back there are many many functions of the camera that people don't take into account when trying to power the camera..

For me it is better to offer more then needed then to have someone find out to late that it just wasn't enough.. Good few people have Bricked the Ad110 from doing a FW update at night with IR on.. I was just trying to give advice that might make sure that wouldn't happen to you or others that might read your post with issues of the same or someone in passing that sees oh this person was using a 10va I can too and then later finds out that the camera no longer works as expected all might have been solved with some sound advice...

Last advice about the AD110.. Don't make any changes with the cameras settings from other software like IP config or Amcrest Surveillance Pro doing so can at the least make the camera look bad and need a Reset for fixing to Bricking all together.. Even though the Ad410 says it can make changes it is not a good view after the fact and Reset is required to make it look better
Be Safe
Sparker

Post by Sparker »

I purchased this doorbell too because my other doorbell (Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP) got water damaged thanks to a 3rd party backplate wedge. I the AD410 imported from the United States to The Netherlands, so it wasn't cheap. I got it all set up today and now I am reading about how the night vision causes wifi disconnects, possibly also because the rated power isn't enough?

Mine is 24V 15VAC with mechanical chime. I installed the Chime adapter and everything was working until a few hours after nightfall.

Flashing green button, two red IR leds lit up and no connection to my WiFi (which is less than 4ft away).

Because it is night here I have turned off the bell trans. I will look again in the morning when IR isn't being invoked when I turn it on. Am I correct in reading that I will have to disable night view in order to avoid disconnects? Why hasn't there been a firmware update if this has been known for more than a year?
20221003_234454.jpg
20221003_234454.jpg (587.47 KiB) Viewed 9352 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Sparker Hello and Welcome to the forum.

I would double check the FW you have installed and double check the install of the doorbell camera and Chime kit from Amcrest. Looking at the data from the devices it should work without an issue with what you have for power supply now. The AD410 seems to take less then the first roll out of the Ad110..

Personally I don't use 24vac on my doorbell cameras anymore seeing the issues I had with the Ad110, I also have the Doorbell from Hikvision that you had before. The AD110 and 410 both are a better camera IMHO..

I have a 10VA somewhere around and I will try to find it and connect it to my Ad410, I have it right now setup as a Stand Alone on a 12vdc power supply and have been using it that way for over a year now.

Some things to keep in mind, While I know you said your Hik doorbell was working until it got wet, I would double check the type of wiring your using and make sure that the length isn't to long. While I know you said it is a short shot to Wifi there has to be some type of issue with voltage, I would if you have a Multi Meter, I would take the camera off the mount, and test the voltage at the doorbell I would also check that with the IR on. if the Voltage at the doorbell is out of range it could be to little wire gauge being used or to long of a run.
Be Safe