Amcrest Cloud: "The camera has cloud recordings disabled."

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
JParker

Amcrest Cloud: "The camera has cloud recordings disabled."

Post by JParker »

Hi friends,

I had been recording on SD Card. But I've encountered too many corrupt files and disk errors!

So I ponied up and I've just subscribed to a continuous recording plan on Amcrest Cloud.

But the error "The camera has cloud recordings disabled." appears at the bottom of the live view at https://www.amcrestcloud.com/timeline

So I figured I need to go back into my camera setup.

I'm in Storage > Destination > and I changed the path from SD Card to FTP.

Then, in the FTP tab, I check the Enable box and I need to supply and IP address. What should this be?
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (85.79 KiB) Viewed 17466 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest Cloud: "The camera has cloud recordings disabled."

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There nothing in FTP or SD card if you don't have FTP disable FTP and down to Cloud Storage 2 more icons under Destination is the icon you want to click on and then it will have you log into your cloud storage from that when you click on cloud. Then you put in the SN for the Camera on the cloud for that camera then it will have you finish the setup for being connected..

Just be mind full that the cloud if you make a ajustment it don't like it will change it back to what it does in the Encoding and also remember it is best to make the changes in the cloud not the camera..

Or just make sure you make changes in the cloud once you make the change in the Camera also in the camera logs in the past anyway the cloud will do changes and have nothing as admin or system being the person doing the change it will be blank..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
umairabbasi

Post by umairabbasi »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:01 am There nothing in FTP or SD card if you don't have FTP disable FTP and down to Cloud Storage 2 more icons under Destination is the icon you want to click on and then it will have you log into your cloud storage from that when you click on cloud. Then you put in the SN for the Camera on the cloud for that camera then it will have you finish the setup for being connected..

Just be mind full that the cloud if you make a ajustment it don't like it will change it back to what it does in the Encoding and also remember it is best to make the changes in the cloud not the camera..

Or just make sure you make changes in the cloud once you make the change in the Camera also in the camera logs in the past anyway the cloud will do changes and have nothing as admin or system being the person doing the change it will be blank..
I've attempted both ways and neither work. Nothing appears on the "on-screen display" however I am getting the MDs.
umairabbasi

Post by umairabbasi »

To clarify the above - I have a WiFi camera that comes on-line with no problems. Then my POE bullet configured correctly but would not have the on-screen display. The turret nothing. I have a 4 camera continuous plan and would absolutely love this process to be flawless and I'll pay.

I submitted a ticket to have it addressed.
umairabbasi

Post by umairabbasi »

JParker wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:49 am Hi friends,

I had been recording on SD Card. But I've encountered too many corrupt files and disk errors!

So I ponied up and I've just subscribed to a continuous recording plan on Amcrest Cloud.

But the error "The camera has cloud recordings disabled." appears at the bottom of the live view at https://www.amcrestcloud.com/timeline

So I figured I need to go back into my camera setup.

I'm in Storage > Destination > and I changed the path from SD Card to FTP.

Then, in the FTP tab, I check the Enable box and I need to supply and IP address. What should this be?
screenshot.png
To answer your question - you need an FTP server. One can most definitely setup a double "honeypot" and then install the server. Why so-because you don't want a damn bot to get into your network. Ports have to be opened and you don't want that.

The other option is to purchase yet another cloud based ftp account. They will provide the needed information.
umairabbasi

Post by umairabbasi »

Next steps for me - re-flash firmware and try cloud storage again

HarrisNH4

Post by HarrisNH4 »

This answer is not at all clear to me. Can someone please explain why my camera is no longer recording in the cloud. It was fine up until about a month ago. Now, I get the following message.

Front Door v The camera has cloud recordings disabled