Action failed The camera is already in use on another account

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Mikemerc

Action failed The camera is already in use on another account

Post by Mikemerc »

I was just given to use Amcrest cameras from a friend that owns a business. She gave them to me so I can install them at my business while I was away. I set the cameras up and downloaded the Amcrest View Pro with no problems. I can watch and use the cameras from my phone . I can record short videos as long as it’s open on my phone. So I tried to download the cloud so that it would store it there. After I set everything up and go to the final screen that has the finish button at the bottom of the settings screen. When I hit finish it says
Action failed
The camera is already in use on another account.
I did a hard reset in the beginning and don’t know what else I can do I wonder if it’s because they were set up on another account. Does this mean I can’t use the cloud? Any help is much appreciated thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Action failed The camera is already in use on another account

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

While I am not 100% sure I looked can not find anything on that topic. I would guess that you might contact your Friend that had the Cameras before and see if she can remove the Camera from her Account that she had them on... However it might be that when you did the Reset youset up an the Cloud already. I know Idid when I first logged into my camera for the first time. I have since turned off the cloud for my cameras only use my DVR and camera for recordings. With BU to the FTP server.

So I would maybe try going to the Cloud and seeing if you can log in with what you signed up to start with when you first started installing the camera. Maybe even do a forgot your password on the Cloud webpage and see if there is more then 1 account for you already.... Just ideas I could come up with
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Might want to contact Amcrest Support via Email or by calling and they can remove that camera from the old cloud account... email ([email protected]) or phone (888-212-7538) They should be able to help you get your camera setup and running on the Cloud...
Be Safe
James.S

Post by James.S »

@Mikemerc

As Revo2Maxx suggested this will need to be handled by our support team. You can contact your friend and see if they can remove the camera from their cloud account. Other than this you will need to contact our support team to remove it. You can reach us by going here> (https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport)
ndompierre

Post by ndompierre »

Got exactly the same issue, i bought a ASH42-W from amazon warehouse (A previously used camera but returned) and i'm unable to register the camera in Amcrest SmartHome as the camerai is registered in the previousowner cloud account. Support want to do an RMA for that, i can't believe it.
Snooper

Post by Snooper »

I have exactly the same problem. I bought an ADC2W which my daughter set up on her I-pad, registering it in my e-mail's name. The camera worked well. So, she removed her account and I tried to set SAME the camera up on a new account (with the same registered e-mail address), using my tablet. I could not get it to work. Amcrest's Smart Home app said that the camera was already assigned - it was - to MY e-mail. After several calls to Amcrest technical support I was told that they could / would not fix it. Apparently, there's an Amcrest data base that associates the e-mail address with the camera serial number. One has to wonder exactly why Amcrest wrote software that explicitly prohibits the reuse of their cameras. Could it be that Amcrest is just protecting their market share to prohibit the reuse / resale of their cameras, forcing potential customers to buy new? As a result, this camera is now a dud as are probably many others.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Snooper Hello and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear that is what you have ended up getting for an answer.. I will assume that the password and forcing people to buy new cameras isn't Amcrest idea of how to run a business.. All I know if they don't like supporting outside sells from personally party or non Auth Sellers and while they won't RMA a defective camera bought 3rd party they will still support it as much as they can..

So I am not sure why or who you talked with at Amcrest that gave you the answer you posted.. I suspect that if you have the ability to take a picture of the camera and hub showing all the data of the camera I would guess that they could get the system removed from old account..
Be Safe
Snooper

Post by Snooper »

Revo2 - thanks for taking the time to comment. I spoke with at least 2 supervisors, one of whom sent me an e-mail. None of them had any suggestions for 'un-orphaning' a camera like this one. I even gave them all the particulars (my e-mail address and camera serial number) so that they could simulate it for themselves.

It's a shame because the camera appeared to be very promising. I've used their older wireless cameras / NVR, etc and they all worked very well, but they were not hamstrung by the need to register - they were all also available on a pre-owned basis on sites like eBay. I suspect that Amcrest was looking for a way to cripple the used camera market and this is how they decided to do it.
Lyakh2971

Post by Lyakh2971 »

A similar situation.
I failed to connect to the AP of the camera, installed it via LAN, and that's it.
Menu items are not available, cannot be turned on WiFi, and cannot remove the camera from the application. After the reset, the camera ceased to be fully accessible (although I can see it through IP Config, I cannot connect to it - the camera does not accept any usernames and passwords), the support "thinks" or does not intend to respond at all.
I had a better opinion of Amcrest.
Both human error and equipment failures happen, and the hardware for their "Smart Home" is rubbish because there is no way to fix it.
I will return it as broken since I purchased it through Amazon.