NV4108E install

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
digitalbeachbum

Re: NV4108E install

Post by digitalbeachbum »

I'll have to give that a test, thanks for the information!
I have another question. I've noticed that one of the cameras keeps doing the "alarm" on the recording. The camera blacks out, then comes back on after a few seconds. Is this something of concern?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E install

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So yes my guess is that you have offline alarm setup on the system and when it notices it offline you get the alarm. This could be power issue, cable issue, camera issue and many other issues. If you are running POE to a switch my guess is to your NVR, I would put a power supply at the camera and test using the systems 12v power supply. Main issue is there is limited power from a normal HS, or A2 NVR, If you happen to have all ports filled with cameras and a few of them are AT and not af type cameras this can take away some of the power.

About offline.. Just remember the Offline alarm can happen before the picture on the GUI shows the camera is offline. Like if I remove power from one of my cameras on my LAN it can take 10 to 15 seconds before it is offline on the GUI. If you happen to look at the cameras clock it won't be running..
Be Safe.