IP4M-1041W Can't Change Email Password

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
sparkgap

Re: IP4M-1041W Can't Change Email Password

Post by sparkgap »

OK after quitting the Viewer App and re opening it, and changing the username to the full email, both cameras will send test emails !

So, do you think the Amcrest customer support people could have figured this out or do they just read off a troubleshooting tree ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad to hear you got it worked out. It is odd that my main server wouldn't work for me. So thought it was something that was off with this design.. I tested the other server again and it still fails to send. I know the info is good because I added it to another camera different model and works fine..

About support staff? I am sure there is things they would have done if not able to let them access your system because some times that is what is needed to catch what the issue is.. Easier to fix what one can see.. Someone saying that it is done right isn't always right..
Be Safe.
sparkgap

Post by sparkgap »

So last night I tried to figure out what was causing that green screen when I tried to open the SMTP window in the Networks tab. I found that when it appears, if I click on Live View again then on Settings the screen disappears and I can modify the email info.

One other thing I noticed: Ever since I upgraded my Mac OS, the Live View does not appear on the older POE cameras. I get a message that tells me to install a plug-in. Of course the plug-in doesn't work. However, with the PTZ cameras the Live View appears just fine with no request for plug-ins. So does this mean that the older POE cameras need a firmware upgrade in order to see the Live View ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Some cameras work by design without in different browsers. Some cameras don't. If there is fw newer than 2019 then yes it could be updated in. Some features might be gone after update. In windows best to use Edge in IE mode for best results. I am sure your Mac still has browser you can use with plugin. Or use ASP for viewer
Be Safe.