unable to turn off the LED lights

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
danbarone

unable to turn off the LED lights

Post by danbarone »

Good morning, I have just installed 4 HDCVI cameras model #A5TN28-w. There is no PTZ on any of these cameras. I am unable to turn off the LED lights on the cameras. The system keeps asking to put a protocol for each camera. The LED lights stay on all night and that is not an option for my camera locations. Please help!!!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: unable to turn off the LED lights

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What DVR are you using? Some are different then others on how to setup protocol. However new camera on new channel should have setup the tight one for your camera.
Be Safe.
danbarone

Post by danbarone »

Amcrest, it came with the cameras.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry don't know what model it comes with. So I will just say how and where mine is for my Amcrest DVRs. If I right click the screen on the DVRs GUI, I click on main menu, I click on bottom left area says Camera, I then click on PTZ, Then I choose the camera I want to work with and in most cases even for my TVI cameras the settings are the same.

Control Mode HDCVI
Protocol HDCVI3.0
The rest don't normally matter but on mine,
1,9600,8,1,none

Then when you want to make a connection to the camera *First lets make sure it is in CVI mode, Need to get to cameras wires and make sure the Dip Switches are setup right for CVI. Plus only way Audio works on the cameras.. Once you know for sure they are setup for CVI

Then in the camera screen, Right Click, PTZ, Iris + and it should open the OSD. However if you hit PTZ and the arrow over, then the little camera ICON in CVI it will also open the menu with a little control pad easier then using full PTZ controller..

I don't remember my camera options. Looking at what is there in day time I am not sure if it even has anything outside of Color with white leds at night. I know right now only options that I can mess with is Smart, Manual off.

My guess is that your camera has been setup in CVBS, In that mode there is no access to an OSD.. That is why I mention having to gain access to wires and check the Dip Switches.. Both 1 and 2 need to have them switches up to 1,2 CVBS is 3,4..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Normally written manual is more complete then an online one. Seeing they said new system figured they already looked. Issue is sticker for cvbs and CVI isn't very clear. One is both switches other direction from other. If ptz setting is wrong even with cvi set camera could say protocol needs set because dvr has rs485 port it can also work with. I have TVI camera that is UTC and protocol type if using on older non UTC DVR or 3rd party controller
Be Safe.
danbarone

Post by danbarone »

Both dip switches are in the up/ on position. It's the only way they work for my system. I do not have access to PTZ menu
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Depending on the DVR model, it may have an 'auto' setting for 'channel type' that will detect HDCVI/TVI/AHD...

Depending on the camera and sticker for the dip switches, they may be back-assward from what the sticker indicates.

The 'Auto' selection for channel/camera type should compensate for a discrepency and possibly then allow access to the PTZ menu.

Been there. Done that..., more than once.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry, On and 1, 2.. The dip switches need to be on the other side 1 and 2. I know you said that it would only work in CVBS but if that is the case then 2 things. One you have a bad system or you are using a 5mp camera on a DVR that don't support 5mp.. Or you are using a 3rd party device and it only supports TVI at lower MP..

All my devices are setup for auto. I am not sure what model you are using for your DVR. I know you said it came with it but something isn't correct. I mean could be an issue with the cable if it is to long or something. But that is odd because even on the worse cable I have this camera at over 300 feet from the DVR and works just fine on my 8m16-H5 DVR.. Don't work in CVI 5mp on my 8mp Amcrest 7108-AI DVR. So things can happen.

This is what I would do, I would factory reset your DVR. Before doing this, Remove all the cameras besides 1. Make sure the switches are setup for 1 and 2 that is CVI and is the normal format for Amcrest cameras. Using just 1 camera reset DVR and see if that 1 camera will start up in CVI mode. Only way to access the menu is over UTC. So your CVBS setup will not turn off the lights ever from an OSD.. They have to be in TVI, AHD or CVI for a UTC control.
Be Safe.
danbarone

Post by danbarone »

I will try it. Thanks