IP8M-2496E and RTMP

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Welshwood

Re: IP8M-2496E and RTMP

Post by Welshwood »

Actually, its quite convoluted!

Camera > POE Switch > Ethernet cable to a Powerline Adapter (Devolo) > BT Home Hub Modem/Router

I'm running 4 POE cameras this way - all working well (except I've never tried YT Livestreaming before).

The camera, btw, is pointing at a Wren's nest, and her chicks hatched a few days ago. I wanted to share this with a wider audience.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Gotcha. And not that convoluted at all.

So no NVR in the way, and presumably a fairly tight network with a certain degree of port control and no wide open upnp?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

We need to confirm port 1935 exists in the camera before anything else.

Here is a great port scanner that's a clean open source tool that doesn't need to be installed. Just download it and run it when you need it. https://angryip.org/download/#windows It's fairly intuitive and will identify your camera ports quickly.

And if you're an Android phone or AndroidTV/Firestick person you can try https://analiti.com/ which is my 'go to' and runs continuously on an AndroidTV box.
Welshwood

Post by Welshwood »

Tbh I wouldn't know... sorry reaching the limits of my basic knowledge. Port conflicts wouldn't surprise me... for example we have 2 Ubiquiti APs, 2 Devolo Powerline adapters, 4 Netgear switches (2x POE types), and a number of IoT's! Is there a scan I can run that would look for any port conflicts - presumably I am specifically looking for 1935?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Well, there are other ways besides RTMP to stream to YouTube....

A port scan of your "more convoluted than I thought" network would certainly come in handy. LOL
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

If you can stand by for a few I'd like to look into this a little further from the YouTube side of things to explore the options -- now knowing a bit more about your network and assuming there are some fairly strict security controls in place.

In the meantime you can go here to see what your network looks like from the outside -- hopefully non-existent beyond your provider's modem.

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Before going too much further, check for the RTMP option here. This is where the magic happens.

RTMP.jpg
RTMP.jpg (48.82 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Welshwood

Post by Welshwood »

Sadly, no RTMP option showing...
Attachments
No RTMP option.png
No RTMP option.png (130.27 KiB) Viewed 500 times
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Hmmmm. Did you check what ONVIF has to offer?
Welshwood

Post by Welshwood »

Yes... not a lot! Here's a pic of what I see. Not sure what I can do with this.
Attachments
ONVIF.png
ONVIF.png (148.16 KiB) Viewed 492 times