fail to find network host

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Homer

fail to find network host

Post by Homer »

I have a nvr with 8 cameras. everything is hard wired to record. It will lose a camera and say "failed to find network host". I have to unplug the recorder to fix the problem. Reboot does not fix it. It is not always the same camera and is getting worse. I am not hooked up to the internet or a router. I am not trying to view it remotely. I had the system for about a year before I took it out of the box and installed it. I have had it running for a couple of months. Could an outside wifi system be trying to connect or interfere? If so how do I disable remote access or set up a firewall? Thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: fail to find network host

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Network cable or power issue. Nvr don't have wifi so if not connected to outside line/router then no one is trying to access. My cameras say this on NVR when camera reboots.

First thing I would do is change password on NVR admin account, when prompted to also do cameras click ok. This will insure no one from outside can gain access to camera.
Be Safe.
Homer

Post by Homer »

Thank you.
check6

Post by check6 »

In each camera's TCP/IP setting, set the default Ethernet Card to "Wire" and Mode to "Static".
Homer

Post by Homer »

I reset the camera passwords globally. One camera reset failed twice so I had to manually reset it. I haven't had any issues since. Thank you!