Human detection - alarm - false positives

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
McDx

Human detection - alarm - false positives

Post by McDx »

Hi there, i have a 32 camera system using the IP5M-B1276EW-AI cameras. The office is setup for alarm using Human/vehicle detection setting. The alarm is getting set off by dust. I have the latest firmware and played around with the settings. Nothing seems to stop these false detections.

I notice there has not been a firmware update since 2022. I purchased these from amcrest about 4 months ago.

Not sure what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Attachments
Capture4.PNG
Capture4.PNG (29.18 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (133.33 KiB) Viewed 319 times
clip.gif
clip.gif (1.68 MiB) Viewed 319 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Human detection - alarm - false positives

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Go to event area and disable motion. You logs say the events are motion, if you are using SMD then it will get all motion false and real, then when doing search for events you would choose type of motion you want to search for and the search will Return that result. For true Ai you would want to setup camera with intrusion or tripwire and keep motion events off
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry didn't look at first picture as I was looking from my phone and seen only log and picture, wasn't until I looked at post again that I seen first picture. So yeah smd takes all motion the smart is while doing search.
Be Safe.
McDx

Post by McDx »

I'm sorry but i'm still a little confused. Should i disable SMD on the camera, disable motion in events, then enable IVS rule intrusion?
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (123.1 KiB) Viewed 278 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So to be honest, it would be best to setup using cameras WebUI, then I would disable motion and SMD and enable tripwire or intrusion for your event types. Then let's say you are working on a camera that you want emails for Human events using tripwires, then you would set up 2 tripwire same area one with human and second for vehicles then set human to get emails or maybe you only want to setup for humans leaving the area. With IVS there are so many things that you can setup. False alerts can happen but rare. Might get 2 or 3 a week.
Screenshot (1921).png
Screenshot (1921).png (2.08 MiB) Viewed 268 times
Be Safe.