Remove Amcrest watermark

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Remove Amcrest watermark

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting..

So I had to make so many changes because I have been able to do it on so many devices that wasn't able to before. Like the Lorex Doorbell, the Ad410 ASH47 and some others. However after updating some of my cameras to the new FW sure enough the normal I P cameras that I could remove the Logo before no longer lets me Remove the logo. I just reset both my Lorex and my Ad410 and was able to not only Disable the logo but I can Re-enable it just by turning off the extra text area. So now seems like only working with SH devices and with that it is good at least.

For you. I guess I would add in the Special Request/Features area of the Forum and ask that it be added into the cameras next FW update. It has been a while since I ran into a camera that didn't have the ability to turn it off on the Cameras WebUI.

If the feature is there and just can't get to it because it is sitting on your POE NVR port, I would double check that your NVR has Virtual Host box that needs to be enabled. If it don't then I would log into the NVR's WebUI. If your using Edge or Chrome I would click on a different camera for the first time because it will say that your computer is blocking the first port.. Then click the camera that you want to edit using WebUI. It should open port of the second one in 10081 10080 is blocked for some reason in Chrome..

In the last picture you can see where you would want to click on the e in your NVR's WebUI, under Management, Camera, Remote Device and the e at the items next. I click on 15 and gave the error in first picture then click clicked the e on ch16 and you can see in that picture it is at the log in for my Amcrest Camera on port 10081.. If you look at the Trash can they are Greyed out because they are POE cameras on the PORT of the NVR and not IP of the local area network you can still click the e to have it bring up the log in of your local camera as well just pointing out that the ones on PORT will have no access to the trash can..
Screenshot (4070).png
Screenshot (4070).png (34.82 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
Screenshot (4071).png
Screenshot (4071).png (221.88 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
Screenshot (4072).png
Screenshot (4072).png (89.11 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
Be Safe.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

jack7 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:13 pm Use a 12V DC 1A(or more) power supply AC adapter, and an ethernet cable to router.  Then use IP Config to change IP address, and Web UI  to remove logo.
They're already installed in a difficult-to-access location so it'd have to be PoE. Worst-case I'll borrow an injector so I can connect them to the non-PoE switch that the NVR is also on but I was hoping there'd be a software-based solution possible.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So in my pictures above that is using my 4216E-AI NVR. That don't have the option to turn on a Virtual Host. Then here is 2 more of my systems. One a 4108E-HS on older FW. As you can see on the Network page there is no need to turn on the Virtual Host. However on my NEW FW 4116E-HS and 4108-HS not sure why the Non POE has the option but it also has Virtual Host Button that can be Enabled.

My guess is that you might have a new FW POE NVR and if so I would double check in your NVR's Network area if there is a box that needs to be turned on Virtual Host..
Screenshot (4076).png
Screenshot (4076).png (132.36 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
Screenshot (4077).png
Screenshot (4077).png (67.54 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
Be Safe.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

Finally got it sorted without having to mess around with powering the camera via a PoE injector, if you use the ability to proxy access to the camera via <nvr-address>:10080, 10081, etc, then, after bypassing Firefox's braindead blocking of access to those ports, you can change it directly on the camera, go to Setup > Camera > Video > Overlay > Logo overlay, click Disable, Save. Very old Amcrest FW used to allow this, then they disabled it at some point, and the latest FW seems to allow it again, so there's no need to physically rewire things to allow direct camera access for the config change.