PTZ moved on its own

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
tjsand2002

PTZ moved on its own

Post by tjsand2002 »

I went on vacation and was out of cellular service so I could not monitor my PTZ camera. When I returned I saw it was turned completely to the side. When I reviewed my NVR I find the last spot where it is in position and recording fine and then there is approx a 1 min lapse in recording and when it resumes it is turned completely to the side. Is there an explanation as to how this could occur?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: PTZ moved on its own

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello, I am not sure of your PTZ model and I am going to toss out a Guess here...

Seeing you PTZ didn't return home I am going to assume that you don't have any PRESETS setup... Most PTZ are setup to have what is called a Guard Position and it can return there after a Set time with no action/input from user. So it could be that your PTZ reset on a Normal day you have it setup to reset and it didn't go back to your normal location. This might be where the North is set if so set...

I know with my PTZ after no action for 1 min it returns to Guard aka Preset 1

James
Be Safe.
JVRx77

Re: PTZ moved on its own

Post by JVRx77 »

Another option is to check the cam's log file for login's... if there's one that's unaccounted for, perhaps a more secure password is needed...

John