PC-NVR error "Can not find nework host"

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
JustaGuy

PC-NVR error "Can not find nework host"

Post by JustaGuy »

I have installed two cameras and the Amcrest Pro Surveillance software on my PC. However, I cannot add a PC-NVR device in the Amcrest control application on my PC. When I go to add the PC NVR, it returns with a status of “Offline(Can not find network host)”. I have read the Amcrest web page and watched the video on how to do this already and followed all instructions carefully multiple times.

Background:
1. I have double checked and am using the correct IP address.
2. The PC-NVR will be on the same PC where I have installed the Amcrest Pro Surveillance software
3. I have tried both the default user id and password as well as the user ID and password I created after installing the Amcrest software
4. Checked in the firewall and it is open for Amcrest Pro software and I can see video from the cameras. So Amcrest Pro is listening on port 37777.
5. I am running Win 10

Why can’t Amcrest Surveillance pro find the PC-NVR? Do I have to install the PC-NVR on a separate PC from the Control software? Is there a separate PC-NVR software package I need to download and install?

Thanks for any help!!!
JustaGuy

Re: PC-NVR error "Can not find nework host"

Post by JustaGuy »

I solved the problem. Indeed PC NVR is a different software package that needed to be installed. I could not find it anywhere, but I did blew away the original Surv Pro installation and reinstalled with the current version and voila, there was the option to install it.

Curiously, I could find no way to change the PV NVR default user name and password for it. Must be somewhere!