Account/password headaches

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Gatman

Account/password headaches

Post by Gatman »

Hi everyone,

I recently updated the firmware on my AMDV10804, and I am now having nothing but headaches trying to login to the DVR. No matter what I do, the web interface returns a "Login failed" message (this is from within my network - not from outside). This worked fine before the firmware upgrade. I'm using Firefox, so no issues with unsupported plugins.

It appears that maybe by user accounts are screwed up. When I was unable to login with the browser, I ran the Amcrest Surveillance Pro softare on my PC and couldn't log in as admin. I tried the user account I had set up and was able to get in. I rebooted the DVR, hooked up a monitor and logged in at the console. As a test, I changed the admin password. At this point here is what I'm seeing:

• Still unable to log in as ANY user via the browser.
  • When logging in at the console all accounts work, and admin account requires the NEW password.
  • When logging in using Surveillance Pro from my PC, admin account still requires the old password. If I use the new password I just changed to it won't log in.
This is pretty frustrating. I'm wondering if there's a way when loading the firmware to set it back to factory defaults? I hate to do this since I've spent quite a bit of time getting the motion detection set to work the way I want it to, but at this point I'm so frustrated I'd like to toss this thing out the window.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Account/password headaches

Post by Melvin »

Hello Gatman,

The issue seems to be with the browser plugin as the logins work from the DVR. Please try uninstalling the plugin and reinstall. The below is a guide for doing that. I would also suggest clearing the browser cache after removing the plugin and try again. Another thing is when you edit or add users in the DVR, there is a check box that says 're-usable' Make sure that is checked.

https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 0P-HD-CVI-
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us