New Camera Assigned to D11. I want it on D9

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Pete6

New Camera Assigned to D11. I want it on D9

Post by Pete6 »

I have a new NV4116E-A2. Connected to the PoE ports are 4 x Amcrest and then 3 x IP cameras on my wired LAN plus 2 x Amcrest wireless cameras that obviously end up on the wired LAN too.

I just connected a third SV3C https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081Q47ZZ7?ps ... ct_details camera and it showed up on the NVR as Camera D13. Ports D9 and D10 on the NVR are free, why did it assign my new camera to D11 and how do I change this please?

One way might be to delete all the cameras and start over but I cannot see this as viable for a large installation so, what's the trick here please.

Thanks
Pete
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New Camera Assigned to D11. I want it on D9

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Couple of things really..

One on the NVR's GUI if you right click the main area of LIve view screen and choose Sequence, It will bring up 16view and drag and drop the camera you want where in your Grid view.. then apply or save and that is where it will show in your lineup...

next way would be to Delete the camera bring up your NVR grid view in 16ch and then click the + in any of the open screens you have and you can enter there for that channel.

Like as your 16ch with 8 POE ports, Setup most times the first 8 as POE and 9-16 for none POE even if you only have 10 cameras with 4 being connected to POE ports if any of that made sense.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To give you an idea, My 4116E-HS I use in 9 grid view, My line up is D1, D13, D12, D4, D2, D6, D7, D16, D9 and everytime I use Grid view 1-4 my first of that list with display and when I hit 9 grid 1-9 that is how it will load. If I want to change I can reset the whole system or change in the Sequence lineup area again..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a Video I made in December of 2021. For what I was talking about above..

https://youtu.be/iSEFu-iCxg8
Be Safe.
Pete6

Post by Pete6 »

Sorry for the delay in replying. I watched your video and I dug up IE and downloaded the web_plugin and yes, I got 16 camera places. I was able to drag the camera images around to various places. It works but I was unable to make IE WebView save my layout. However I don't really care as I know that IE will stop working after 6/15/2022 https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answe ... windo.html.

It is a pity that Dahua/Amcrest have not written an Extension for Chrome and Edge to replace the IE one.

Meanwhile, I have managed to get ASP to do what I want. I'm still adding cameras so I need to finish the hardware before I set up a definitive layout. I shall no doubt ask more stupid question about that later. So far I have got to here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/g48nXaJnxp4Kkvcy6 I have a Reolink Duo 2 arriving tomorrow that will fit in the double blank at the top. I beed to climb a ladder to gutter height to install that. I have the PoE cable in place but at age 76 I shall get someone else to climb the ladder...

Thanks again for you amazing help
Pete

P.S. My Google Photos pics work fine when I put them up as a web link and not as a photo.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry my Video wasn't Clear,

That is showing using the NVR's GUI. Not working with the WebUI. So in the WebUI it will show each of the camera channels listed as connected. However you can if your system is setup to load a view and can setup in ASP to load a view..

For best results using Edge it does have a IE tab option, you will have to setup every month, However once you setup and bring up the Edge, type in the IP address of the NVR it will load in IE mode, This option is going to be supported by MS they said until 2029 so there is some good time left..

However yes in WebUI yes you can drag and drop and it will display where you put them.

I was talking about GUI, Right click and in the bar like you want to go to Main Menu is where the Sequence option is.
Be Safe.
Pete6

Post by Pete6 »

Yes, I got that. I have my NVR GUI connected to my living room TV. It is only baseband video because that's the cable I have in the wall between the two devices. It allows me to view my cameras easily. Looking at your video it was clear to me that you were on the NVR from the data displayed for each camera.

In fact I got it to do what I wanted and once all my cameras are in place I shall factory reset the NVR and start over, plugging each camera in one at a time in the order I want them. I labelled all the incoming PoE cables and I can power off all the others.

These are work arounds but it will get me where I need to be.

Thanks
Pete