Amcrest Surveillane Pro - Failed to Open Video

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
gba88

Re: Amcrest Surveillane Pro - Failed to Open Video

Post by gba88 »

well... this did NOT work for me :( I get an error stating "can not find network host" when trying to add by SN.
NealCams

Post by NealCams »

I tried for a few days to get things working from outside. DDNS, P2P,Port Forwarding. I have a mixture of older Foscam and newer Amcrest cameras. The last thing i could think of was to adjust my router firewall settings. That fixed the P2P connection so it works well now. :D
Imperialeagle

Post by Imperialeagle »

Nealcams ... what settings did you change in your Router .. please, to get P2P to work ?
Pennsel

Post by Pennsel »

I have this problem also with all my Amcrest Cameras. Has anyone found a solution?
imbrikis

Post by imbrikis »

To any who stumble across this issue:
If you have your cameras setup in P2P, you may run into issues with your firewall not allowing consistent NAT. This in turn will break the connection when you're trying to view the cameras from the Amcrest Surveillance Pro app - you receive a "search timeout" or "failed to open" message when attempting to connect to the cameras in Sub Stream mode. Interestingly enough, this doesn't happen in Main Stream mode. I can only assume that this is due to how the NVR communicates in these 2 modes.

FIX: You must enable consistent NAT in your firewall. (also, you might have to close and relaunch the ASP app to see these changes)
This setting is configurable on Sonicwall TZ400 firewalls. I do not know where this option would be located for your particular firewall. A google search may be your best friend for that one. It may be a possibility that this just isn't something that can be configured on your firewall.

I hope this helps someone out there. It plagued us for about 2 years.